Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2002, 12:26 PM   #1
FelixJaeger
Symbol of Cyric

hmmn i liked willards thread but i would like some ideas for some balanced armour because i want to try some armour out on IEEP.
k thanks for ne ideas given.and if i think of a good one it will be in here!
Felix
FelixJaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2002, 12:46 PM   #2
philip
Galvatron

I think armor with a +? is well-balanced (can't use any ring/amulet/cloak of protection). Maybe a cool mage (single/multi/dual class) armor which enables some spell slots or lets you cast a certain spell * times a day with a chance of spell failure (like drow items).
philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2002, 12:55 PM   #3
FelixJaeger
Symbol of Cyric

cool i like the +? idea that sounds good or the armour for a battle mage would be cool. hmmn i had a reel good idea but now im not so sure ill see if i can do it before i post nething.
Felix
Old 07-15-2002, 02:33 PM   #4
FelixJaeger
Symbol of Cyric

ok ive just got a great idea
Armour Of The Faithful
Only the most pious individuals may wear this armour and it may never be removed once placed upon there body, also it is rumoured that once in place the armour makes the wearer inable to die of natural causes, this in turn makes the wearers crazed and delusional.

AC:-4
Weight:17
Cursed, may never be removed.
wearer is affected by berserking.

and some other things im not gonna put here cuz its my idea tell you mine all mine yes my pretties your all mine arent you...
Felix
Old 07-15-2002, 04:08 PM   #5
Willard
Fzoul Chembryl

How about the....

Cloak of Elminster

This cloak was created by Elminster when he first started adventuring as a youth. Thousands of years old now, this cloak is magically enhanced so that it can never be destroyed. It has many special abilities, most of which were embued upon this cloak not by magic, but because it was once swallowed by a very vicious Red Dragon, (by the name of Firkraag) has been stolen by ettercaps and used by Giant Spiders to build their nests, and was pickpocketed by a notorious Shadow Thief who, in his haste, dropped it into the Waterdeep sewers. It still bears marks from those encounters and more, making it both more powerful and more dangerous to wear.

Ac- 0
Weight- 3
Special- It speeds the casting time of the wearer by 1
Equipped Abilities-

Ability to polymorph into a Giant Spider once per day

-2 save vs. polymorph/poison

Grants 50% Fire sesistance

Takes -10% Cold resistance from the wearer

-2 Charisma because of its smell

If the wearer has 0% poison resistance, he/she must make a save vs. poison every 24 hours or be unconcious for eight hours because of its smell. Elminster is immune to this effect.

Special Abilities (once per day)

Sunray
Cloudkill
Poison

Special Abilities (one charge)

Elminster's Evasion-
The wearer, when using the ability Elminster's Evasion, appears to teleport him/herself to another point in the map. What really happens is that the caster is permantly invisible, at least for 10 turns. During this time he/she can do whatever they like without being at risk of being spotted. True Sight does not dispel this effect. However, when the wearer uses Elminster's Evasion he or she cannot cast spells, for if they do the wearer will not be visible, but can be spotted by nearby enemies, as if by echolocation.

Cloak Barrier-
By using this ability, the cloak makes a special transformation. All of the stars on the cloak seem to come off, and they spin in a circle, revolving aroung the wearer. If an enemy comes within 10 feet of the wearer, they will take 5d6 damage, +1 per level. However, companions of the wearer and friendly creatures are not affected by this, for the stars can steer clear of them. Though this is a useful ability, it gives the caster -1 charisma during the duration of the spell, because many creatures do not take kindly of magic stars whizzing around their head while they try to do buisness with the wearer.
Old 07-15-2002, 06:18 PM   #6
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Geez, Willard, now how about a simple item?

Me, I take issue with the fact that there's no really good armor for Barbarians, and you have to go all the way to Chapter 6 just to get the Crimson Chain.

Branduk's Mail (Splint Mail+4)
Equipped Abilities:
+1 to CON
+5% to Magic Resistance
+5% to Piercing, Slashing, Crushing, Missile Resistances

Note: This is a ToB item.
Old 07-15-2002, 07:00 PM   #7
Willard
Fzoul Chembryl

What about the Chain of Evil?

Chain of Evil

You are now holding the chain of evil. You are now reading the description of the chain of evil. You are now trying to destroy the chain of evil, but its magical properties make it impossible to destroy. You are now chucking the chain of evil out the window. The chain of evil is now crawling back up the stairs. It forgot to take the elevator. You are now taking the elevator down. The chain of evil is now meeting you there. The chain of evil is now getting up behind you and giving you a wedgie. You are now casting the spell Imprisonment on the chain of evil. The chain of evil is now tunneling up through the earth and is coming up below your feet. You are now teleporting to a different plane. In this plane everyone is a chain of evil. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

*cursed*
you cannot take it off. Wearing it will slowly diminish you until you are dead. After you are dead, the chain of evil will polymorph you into another chain of evil. Many mistake this chain as elven chain mail, and therefore many people are turning into chains of evil.

AC: -3
Usable by: anyone
Old 07-16-2002, 12:53 PM   #8
FelixJaeger
Symbol of Cyric

Cool evil enchanted items hmmn elminsters cloak sounds kinda tricky?!? i mite have to experiment with something like a little bit easier and i also have to get used to noting things down an then remembering what they mean (late last night i had a good idea (well it said that on my note) and i wrote it down but i cant read my writing (i was half asleep)
Felix