Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-13-2003, 11:01 AM   #1
Mister Natural
Manshoon

We've had a discussion about this at the forum I'm admin at. There was no real clear decision so I thought I'd share.
At times you will hear clinking noises and sounds of a sword being sheathed and no-one is around. I always thought it was a bug. Someone mentioned that they thought the sound was created when an item like a ring or a sword gets fully recharged.
What say's ye. We also welcome anyone who'd like to visit our forum as well. The link is in my sig.
Old 03-13-2003, 11:13 AM   #2
B_part
Quintesson

Sometimes it happens also that you hear the sound of a scroll being used without you doing that... maybe that's for cast when used items?
Old 03-13-2003, 11:18 AM   #3
Rhea
Drow Warrior

^I'm clueless. I've never seen any rhyme or reason to it. I used to think it was someone getting ready to attack you, but no one materialized. Then I thought I had accidentally hit the F key. [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] But no way. So I'm really stumped.

I also once heard this really weird noise while walking near Caldera that I swear sounded like a stone being rolled away from a cave entrance. Nothing happened and I've never heard it again. It was the first time I played the game, when I hoofed it a lot more, and I've never heard it again.

[ 03-13-2003, 11:22 AM: Message edited by: Rhea ]
Rhea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2003, 11:58 AM   #4
TheSlayer
Manshoon

There are some rare sounds which can sometimes be heard in the wilderness - such as the famous ghost-sheep. I dont know anything about the cloth/armour/weapon sounds which come out of nowhere though.
Join the [url]\"http://darkenedshrine.proboards2.com/\" target=\"_blank\">Darkened Shrine</a><br /><br />[url]\"http://cultosheogorath.proboards15.com/index.cgi?board=csmods&action=display&num=10521557 13\" target=\"_blank\">The Burning Earth Project</a> - Looking for modders
TheSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2003, 12:15 PM   #5
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Never happened to me. Are you guys sure you're not all drunk or stoned or something ?
Old 03-13-2003, 12:42 PM   #6
B_part
Quintesson

Obviously we are drunk and stoned!
You aren't sober, are you???
Old 03-13-2003, 12:57 PM   #7
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Question Mark

I have managed to place that sound with certain things that one does.

When you flip through your magic items for instance;
Rings and amulets, that sound appears.
Also the same for enchanted swords.

Maybe you are on to something. The sound of magic??

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Felix The Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2003, 02:13 PM   #8
Rhea
Drow Warrior

Come to think of it, it could very well be that when an enchanted item is fully recharged, you get a sound related to it. It's kind of weird, though, when you're sleeping and hear that sound. [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Rhea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2003, 02:52 PM   #9
TheSlayer
Manshoon

It could be, but I doubt it. I have never heard the wilderness sounds (rolling rocks, the famous sheep etc.) myself but I know they are there.
Join the [url]\"http://darkenedshrine.proboards2.com/\" target=\"_blank\">Darkened Shrine</a><br /><br />[url]\"http://cultosheogorath.proboards15.com/index.cgi?board=csmods&action=display&num=10521557 13\" target=\"_blank\">The Burning Earth Project</a> - Looking for modders
TheSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2003, 08:06 PM   #10
LS0158
Zhentarim Guard

I'm near the begginning of the game and I just finished the first mission at some dwemer ruin, and I heard sounds like chains falling off something, but I couldn't find anything that even resembled a chain. I also hear things in the wilderness, especially right around Seyda Neen, that I'm guessing is something my character is saying or yelling. (my character is Argonian, or however it's spelled
LS0158 is offline   Reply With Quote