Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast

Old 12-12-2001, 12:05 AM   #1
Worm
The Magister

This post goes over all BG games and will containt spoilers for all BG games and maybe even fallout ... who knows it might spoil life for you!

*SPOILS AND BAD*
*SPOILS AND BAD*
*SPOILS AND BAD*
*SPOILS AND BAD*
*SPOILS AND BAD*
*SPOILS AND BAD*
*SPOILS AND BAD*
*SPOILS AND BAD*
*SPOILS AND BAD*
*SPOILS AND BAD*
*SPOILS AND BAD*
*SPOILS AND BAD*
*SPOILS AND BAD*
*SPOILS AND BAD*
*SPOILS AND BAD*
*SPOILS AND BAD*
*SPOILS AND BAD*
*SPOILS AND BAD*
*SPOILS AND BAD*
*SPOILS AND BAD*
*SPOILS AND BAD*
*SPOILS AND BAD*
*SPOILS AND BAD*
*SPOILS AND BAD*
*SPOILS AND BAD*
*SPOILS AND BAD*
*SPOILS AND BAD*
*SPOILS AND BAD*
*SPOILS AND BAD*
*SPOILS AND BAD*

I felt like I should point out some oddities. Xzar is far more chaotic than he ever was evil he should of been chaotic nuetral. Garrick is chaotic nuetral, from his past he should of been chaotic good. In the Nashkel fair when you rescue the "witch" sometimes she will give you a vial of posion as a reward. Sarevok was way too big for a human, was he an orc or orgillion? The question of his race becomes more complicated becuase Koveras was human but was this just a lackey or he himself. Firebead the orange skinned elf from the start did he know about your lineage? He did give you the book of the dead three! Kind of a rant please give me feed back on any of these things.
Worm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2001, 06:04 PM   #2
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

I think word must get around on who Bhaal did the nasty with, or how else would Gorion and Ulraunt have found out about you? How would Sarevok have found out about you? For that matter, how would Sarevok have found out about himself? So I think it's pretty safe to assume that the Big People of the Sword Coast (like Elminster) know that there are Bhaalspawn out there, and suspect that you are one.

I like the fact that there are other Bhaalspawn ("The Lord of Murder shall perish, but in his doom he shall spawn a score of mortal progeny"), but I like even more the way that this fact isn't really driven home until the very end.

And I HATE the fact that you can't have a romance with Imoen.
Old 12-12-2001, 08:19 PM   #3
Sir Michael
Manshoon

Dude...

You GREW UP with Imoen! She is like your sister! You want to romance your sister? I watch Jerry Springer a lot, but I didn't think anyone actually did that stuff...
\"You see things; and you say \'Why?\' But I dream things that never were; and I say \'Why not?\'\"<br />-George Bernard Shaw<br /><br />\"Men take only their needs into consideration never their abilities.\"<br />-Napoleon Bonaparte
Sir Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2001, 08:44 PM   #4
Worm
The Magister

Well, your father is the same man/god. So that is a bit odd. I'd rather some halfling love with mazzy. Maybe a nymph too. Also most farmers in the Nashkel Fair are all named "Lahl" clones perhaps?
Old 12-13-2001, 12:55 AM   #5
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Um, Worm, you might want to mark that post as a BG2 spoiler, if you're gonna make a statement that direct about Imoen.
-
-
-
-
*** BG2 SPOILER ***
-
-
-
-
-
-
You know, I've known for a while that Imoen is also a child of Bhaal, and never ONCE did it occur to me that that might be incest! Duh. [img]smile.gif[/img] That's because I've always roleplayed Good, and rejected Bhaal as my father. So now that I think about it, a romance with Imoen might work IF you can convince Imoen that A) It's neither your fault nor hers who the sire was, B) If both of you completely turn away from Bhaal and his evil, doesn't that remove the incestous element? and C) The hormonal lechery of a dead Chaotic Evil god is no reason you two can't like each other. It would take a LONG time to get the romance going (probably all the way into ToB), but it would certainly be interesting.

Besides, Imoen's got higher Charisma than the other choices (even if Viconia's picture is better) and the kids would be ubertoddlers! [img]smile.gif[/img]

They should have added romances with Keldorn and Edwin (or Haer'Dalis) and also Minsc, but you have to be a Mage and be Minsc's witch. Watching Minsc try to sweet-talk a girl....now THAT would be funny.

Romancing a Nymph can be dangerous, so I'd rather not try it. (There's a high-level Priest spell called "Nature's Beauty" or something, where for a brief instant, your enemies see you as the most beautiful creature they've ever imagined. They just want to pick you up and cuddle you....and then the vision is gone. The beautiful Nymph has vanished and is lost forever, and your enemies cannot cope with this heartbreak and crumple to the ground, weeping. Unless they make their Save, of course.)

I quite agree about the Lahl thing, though--I think there were 4 at the Nashkel Fair, at least 1 in Nashkel, and another one on Werewolf Isle! What's up with that?
Old 12-13-2001, 06:24 PM   #6
Worm
The Magister

Maybe they really like the name.

Well, I've noticed that "witch" in nashkel fair sometimes will give you posion depending on your charisma. Did you know that the only character that is with sarevok at the end that doesn't relate to a single NPC is Semaj? Where did he come from just a mage for cloud kill? His name is James backwards james is the name I was playing when I fought him not to mention I looked just like him so I thought it was a copy. I never read gorions note so I didn't know my father was bhaal until I played the game a second time. Garrick quotes monty python "Brave Sir Garrick.... Brave Sir Garrick Ran Away." Remember that part?
Old 12-13-2001, 08:38 PM   #7
Lemernis
Drizzt Do'Urden

Isn't James the name of one of the developers?
Old 12-15-2001, 03:00 PM   #8
Katherine
Zhentarim Guard

quote:
Originally posted by SixOfSpades:
So now that I think about it, a romance with Imoen might work IF you can convince Imoen that A) It's neither your fault nor hers who the sire was, B) If both of you completely turn away from Bhaal and his evil, doesn't that remove the incestous element? and C) The hormonal lechery of a dead Chaotic Evil god is no reason you two can't like each other. It would take a LONG time to get the romance going (probably all the way into ToB), but it would certainly be interesting.

haha... don't let your sisters read that. Hey, my brother is pretty hot. We both don't like our father. Maybe he and I should hook up?
Wait, forget that. I love my daddy... It's my mother that I hate. My father divorced her and my daddy's pretty hot... Maybe he and I should hook up?
I'll run these scenarios by them and let you know how things work out.

How do you think my boyfriend would take being dumped for a member of my own family? I should cast a charm spell on him so he still gives me my xmas presents, though.
[img]graemlins/bunny.gif[/img]
Old 12-16-2001, 02:22 AM   #9
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

quote:
Originally posted by Katherine:
How do you think my boyfriend would take being dumped for a member of my own family? I should cast a charm spell on him so he still gives me my xmas presents, though.

Gee, you really DO like to roleplay Evil, don't you? [img]smile.gif[/img]