Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-2002, 03:42 PM   #1
Sir Mandorallen
Baaz Draconian

How many of you have read The Wheel of Time, by Robert Jordan? And what did you think of it? And most importently of all...

WHEN IS BOOK TEN COMING OUT CAUSE I CANT WAIT!!!!
Old 03-22-2002, 04:34 PM   #2
Sir Mandorallen
Baaz Draconian

Seeing as how nobody has answered and I have to get off. I WILL ANSWER!! HA HA!

Yes Black_Knight I have read the books. They are very very good. I really liked the big battles and characters. But I do not know when the next book is coming out, sorry.
Old 03-22-2002, 05:10 PM   #3
jabidas
Silver Dragon

They were very good books up until about 6. 6 was just pointless and up until nine it could have all been said in one book and parts were plain uncessary irritated me. Book 9 rocked though, Rand my favorite charecter got interesting again. Oh yes.
Old 03-22-2002, 06:41 PM   #4
dominions
Elminster

A very good series, but as jabidas said, it turned a bit dull after book 5.

I'm waiting for book 10 also, but the more time that goes past and nothing appears, the less interested I am and the less likely I am to buy.
[img]\"http://www.shalewyn.com/Images/KrynnWhiteDragon1.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />\"Hah!\", thought the white dragon. \"A wand of Ice Storm will never harm me!\"<br />He never did figure out that he was in a CRPG...
dominions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2002, 11:01 PM   #5
Saltheart Foamfollower
Manshoon

Yes, I must agree, the series started to get kind of monotonous after awhile. Rand was just an after thought in a few of the novels.

Jordan seems to started to delve back into Rand in the Crown of Swords. It is interesting to see how Rand has developed from a country boy into a leader/savior of the world. I like the conflicts he is having with his use of the Power, and his growing distrust of his allies.

I guess when you start a series with 5 main characters, it has to be hard to properly flesh them out and keep continuity among the books. Personally, I think he spent too much time on the White Tower situation, three books worth, and not enough time with Rand, Perrin, and Mat.

Jordan seems to be more in tune with the male characters and their many dilemas and situations that he was with trying to flesh out the White Tower and the Aiel womens society. Hopefully his next few books will center on Rand, Mat, and Perrin...
Old 03-24-2002, 12:02 AM   #6
Chewbacca
Zartan

Rumor has it that 2002 is the year for book 10...Usually WOT books are released in the fall, atleast the last few have been.

The turn of events in the last installment are compelling indeed, the series on the whole is well worth reading through it's few failings. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-24-2002, 01:53 PM   #7
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

I just started in book VII, Crown of Swords. The thing I like about the serie is the character evolutation and the distrust for every main character. When I found out there where Servants of Shai'tan among the Aiel as well as the Aes Sedai I totally freaked out. With other words, the people I still trust can be counted on one hand. Strangely enough, Taim is among them. I know the black Ajah allowed him to escape, but he is to ambisious to work for anyone but himself.

I have a question for everyone who has progressed past bookVI (SPOILER!)
When will you think Moiraine will re-appear(If she's dead, I'm a trollok), and what will have happened to Lanfir?

[ 03-24-2002, 01:55 PM: Message edited by: Dreamer128 ]
Dreamer128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2002, 01:03 PM   #8
Blade
Emerald Dragon

Well i think the series is great i have real all of them and am also waiting for book 10 to come out. As for Morianne i do think she is dead, but if she isn't she will probalbly show up in some fastion working for the split part of the white tower, and i have no clue as to what will happen to lanfear. My question is though what do you think will hapen to Mat and the Princess (you know the one i just can't rember her title at the moment he ran off with her)?
Old 03-25-2002, 04:44 PM   #9
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Perhaps, but the appendix says 'pressumed death'. Knowing Jordan, she's still alive. Remember that everyone assumed that that forsaker was Shai'tan? Same deal.
Dreamer128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2002, 08:43 PM   #10
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

the first books were awesome then it fell off after he got too with the women. Mat was one of my favorite characters and there is books where he isn't even mentioned(if memory serves me)also i thought it got just a little too complicated. there are about 200 people that he mentions and i just get lost sometimes. i havent read any after i struggled through 8. I just want him to cut out all the crap with the white towers and the sitters and all of that and focus on telling us whats going on with the dragon reborn. Ide also like to hear more about Rand's second in command, (i can't place his name)and the rest of the male magic users. I care very little about tar valon and aiel society