Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2004, 08:37 AM   #1
YeRFDoG
The Magister

Hey guys, havent been on these forums for 2 or more years, been lurking for a long time however. Thought i would find my old password and log back in....
anyways

Has anyone read The Swords Of Night and Day by David Gemmell?
If so what did you think of it?
Read much of Gemmell's other work?

I've read Legend, but thats it.

Havent read much fantasy lately but this book seemed to stand out as really good IMO. Characters were great (especially Skilgannon) plot was good etc.

Any comments?
Old 08-03-2004, 09:19 PM   #2
shadowhound
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Have not had the chance to read it yet unfortunatly, have read every other Gemmell book I could get my hand on and think he is an excellent writer.
Old 08-04-2004, 01:35 AM   #3
YeRFDoG
The Magister

Have you read White Wolf? the prequel to Swords of Night and Day?
Old 08-04-2004, 01:58 AM   #4
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

<font color=pink>My ex brought it over when he came to visit from NZ and said he thought I would like it. However it's been sitting on my desk for the past month because I'm currently rereading a Song of Ice and Fire...25% through book 1, and going at a snails pace </font>
Old 08-05-2004, 10:17 AM   #5
YeRFDoG
The Magister

ASOIAF.... I wouldnt mind reading that again some time but i dont have the first book. Talk about a big gap between books....

Anyways I recommend you read Swords of Night and Day at some stage [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-05-2004, 09:29 PM   #6
shadowhound
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Hmm, Gemmell's new book or reread Game of Throne (again)... that is a tough one LB.