Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2002, 12:44 AM   #1
Spikeous
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Would you go see a Justice League movie?
And would you prefer a cartoon or actors. With all of the bad movies out now, i think that a Justice League cartoon would be awesome. If they didn't advertise it towards little kids it would be awesome. But a GI JOE full length Cartoon Movie would be better. With all of the Famous characters, like Destro and Storm Shadow, and the Cobras. Not really the most intelligent movies, but I'd see them.

[ 10-13-2002, 12:45 AM: Message edited by: Spikeous ]
Old 10-13-2002, 06:48 AM   #2
The Trickster
Manshoon

After the success of the X-Men movie and Spiderman, and the upcoming Daredevil and Hulk movies, it wouldn't surprise me if we see this movie, amongst others, being announced.

What's next? The Smurfs movie?
<br /><br />Movie Reviewer for Ironworks Gaming<br />Hero of Icewind Dale and alias to The Nameless One, Gordon Freeman, Garrett, Elayna Sedai, Cate Archer, Child of Bhaal, J.C Denton and Patrick Galloway.<br />Leader in the war against commercial music.
The Trickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2002, 10:22 AM   #3
Finn
The Magister

<font color="cyan">I think it would be interesting to have a JLA movie. Even better if it was an animated version instead of live action because I don't think live actors can do the characters justice. Take X-Men for example, alot of the characters turned out 2 dimensional. Sabretooth in the comic book(drawn by Mike Textiera) was this cunning and sinister dude whereas the Sabretooth in the movie was more of a brain-damaged grunt. IMHO, casting Helle Berry as Storm was a mistake, it would've been better if someone statuesqe and commanding like Angela Basset played the role. These are just some examples.

What with the sudden interest in comic book heroes on film these days, I think a Justice League movie is long overdue. </font color>
Old 10-16-2002, 10:40 AM   #4
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Finn:
<font color="cyan">I think it would be interesting to have a JLA movie. Even better if it was an animated version instead of live action because I don't think live actors can do the characters justice. Take X-Men for example, alot of the characters turned out 2 dimensional. Sabretooth in the comic book(drawn by Mike Textiera) was this cunning and sinister dude whereas the Sabretooth in the movie was more of a brain-damaged grunt. IMHO, casting Helle Berry as Storm was a mistake, it would've been better if someone statuesqe and commanding like Angela Basset played the role. These are just some examples.

What with the sudden interest in comic book heroes on film these days, I think a Justice League movie is long overdue. </font color>
an even better example of a highly intelligent (or at least incredibly cunning) villain that was turned into a complete moron in the movie version you can look at Bane from Batman and robin (don't look too closely, because this movie has forever turned me off to Joel Shumaker films(despite a good job with the Lost Boys), and there are WAY too many crappy things in the movie to even begin to make up for the good (alicia silverstone, who still didn't make any sense as batgirl- and was all worng for the part)). the new Superman movie got canned (it was originally slated to have Nicholas Cage as Supes, but I've heard rumors of a batman/superman movie, it may be good if they can get a decent director, and plausible script) some other comic movies that were really poorly done, are the punisher (he didn't even have the skull on his chest), fantastic four (the movie was so bad they canned the project a few weeks before the movie was completed) the second and third batman movies, the original batman movie (with Adam West as batman), and several more I can't think of ATM
Old 10-17-2002, 02:00 AM   #5
Finn
The Magister

<font color="cyan">I hate it too when script writers decide to take liberties with a superhero's origins. I'm probably just nit-picking here...

Take the recent Spiderman movie for example. Instead of getting bitten by a radioactive spider, its a genetically engineered one(okay, maybe they wanted to change this to make it more up to date). In the comic book storyline, I don't recall Mary Jane Watson being present when he got bitten either. She didn't even show up until much later and if I'm not mistaken, Peter's love interest at the time was some other girl(darn, I forgot her name but she's the blonde one with the pony tail and glasses).

I guess its hard to balance staying faithful to the comic book origins of a superhero whilst taking into account movie production feasibility, costs and constraints. Well, just thought I'd throw in my two cents here.</font color>
Old 10-17-2002, 04:36 AM   #6
Sio

'Batman and Robin' ruined Bane, he is my favourite villain but in that movie they just made hima grunt slave for IVY. It most certainly didnt do him justice and I look forward to the makers making a better Batman film going back to the whole 'Dark Knight' thing, make it a darker film where the baddieds really are evil, and not some nut-case comedians in daft make up.
Old 10-18-2002, 09:01 AM   #7
Gazza
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by Spikeous:
Would you go see a Justice League movie?
And would you prefer a cartoon or actors. With all of the bad movies out now, i think that a Justice League cartoon would be awesome. If they didn't advertise it towards little kids it would be awesome. But a GI JOE full length Cartoon Movie would be better. With all of the Famous characters, like Destro and Storm Shadow, and the Cobras. Not really the most intelligent movies, but I'd see them.
There already is a G.I. Joe movie like the one you described and I have it on video. I also have the Transformer's movie on tape as well. I think a JLA movie would be excellent so long as it wasn't too corny like some superhero movies are. But I have a question. In OZ they've started showing a JLA cartoon on the Cartoon Network but since when was the Green Lantern a black guy?
Gazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2002, 04:38 PM   #8
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

No I would not pay to see a JLA movie, I was never a fan of the JLA or DC comics for that matter. The Batman comics were really good, to bad the movies were not great except for the first, I found the superman comics to be cheesy but they did some really good movies out of them. A batman, superman comic could be done OK, but who would be the villians when you can't use deceased characters. I think this recent Spiderman movie was really well done, sure it wasn't exactly like the comic book but if he made his webs from a chemisty set then that would be chessy like the very first movie they tried to do. I could see an Iron Man movie in the future though.
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2002, 09:23 AM   #9
Gazza
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by pritchke:
I could see an Iron Man movie in the future though.
An Iron Man movie would be so cool to see. Who would you have playing Tony Stark/Iron Man? I think Nicholas Cage would be good.
Gazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2002, 10:32 AM   #10
the sauceman
Zhentarim Guard

The shortest reply yet, NO. =D