Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-06-2002, 06:04 AM   #1
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Did anyone read Raymond Feists empire trilogy?(daughter of the empire, servant of the empire, etc) I am curious how other people find it compared to his other books.
Dreamer128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2002, 09:30 AM   #2
J'aran
Mephistopheles

That's those books he wrote with Janny Wurtz right? I loved them. They show a bit of the story from the other side of the Rift, but they're also good in their own right. A bit more focussed on political intrigue than the Riftwar-books, but they contain enough action to keep it exciting.
J'aran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2002, 11:11 AM   #3
spoon
Elite Waterdeep Guard

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Dreamer128:
Did anyone read Raymond Feists empire trilogy?(daughter of the empire, servant of the empire, etc) I am curious how other people find it compared to his other books.<hr></blockquote>

Just read them for the 2nd time... IMO they are better than most other feist books (not magician tho) - but thats just prolly my love of Wurts' books.

On that note.. what do people think of perils gate? (the new book in the wars of light and shadow saga) It said so much... but so little!!!! I hate waiting for new books to come out in a series
spoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2002, 02:19 PM   #4
Moiraine
Anubis

Good books. Very dense. Very hard to read when you are a Frenchie not very proficient at reading English LOL ! [img]smile.gif[/img] Interesting to read for once Fantasy based on a 'Japanese-like' world. Unique. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-08-2002, 03:24 PM   #5
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

I loved them. The twists in the plot throughout the books is great. If you haven't read them, you really should.
\"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.\"<br />-General George Patton (1885-1945)<br /> <br />Member of CLAN HADB<br />Founder of The Anti Clan Coalition
MILAMBER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2002, 04:24 PM   #6
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

I just finished his first 'legends of the riftwar' book. Boy, was that a dissapointment! Those Tsurani were so unlike the ones in the other books.
Dreamer128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2002, 12:05 AM   #7
Kresselack
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I think that when the perspective changes to Mara it is written by Janny Wurtz, it has her long winded style of writing. The series is nice and I quite like the organization of the Tsurani but I wouldn't compare it to the rest of Feist books.

Anyway I don't like Janny Wurtz way of writing very much so my view could be prejudiced. Btw I have read the trilogy and most of Wurtz's book.
Kresselack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2002, 01:43 AM   #8
Lord Killjoy
Manshoon

I started the books right after the empire trilogy was finished and started formt he beggining and read all of them. Maybe it was too much of a good thing but by the time I got too the end of the empires trilogy I was a little bored.

Lord Killjoy

[img]graemlins/homer.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/skeleton2.gif[/img]