Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2002, 06:23 PM   #1
Daniel_M
Elminster

First off i would like to say that ive sat here and watched all the omen movies 1,2 and 3 and by watching them it got me thinking, i mean im not a religious person but watching those movies sorta changed my perspective on things for example, god, is there realy a god? or are the people who wrote the bible wrong? IMO i think there is a heaven and hell i mean there is large amounts of evedence of the existance of both. I just wanted to know peoples views about this, has a movie, person, book or thought changed the way you think about our existance.
Old 05-26-2002, 06:30 PM   #2
Sir Goulum
John Locke

I don't have a comment but I have a question. What evidence is there?
Old 05-26-2002, 06:34 PM   #3
khazadman
User suspended until [Feb13]

damn it goulum!you beat me to it.there is no evidence for the existence of heaven or hell.their existence is only a matter of faith.
Old 05-26-2002, 06:36 PM   #4
Epona
Zartan

Well being an atheist I have nothing to add to the debate itself

BUT:

My hometown of Guildford was made famous by Omen 1 - when Damien is being driven up a drive to a cathedral, and starts screaming, well that's Guildford Cathedral that is. Highly unnattractive modern red brick building with what appears to be a golden chicken on the top [img]graemlins/saywhat.gif[/img]
Old 05-26-2002, 06:39 PM   #5
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Quote:
Originally posted by Epona:
Well being an atheist I have nothing to add to the debate itself

BUT:

My hometown of Guildford was made famous by Omen 1 - when Damien is being driven up a drive to a cathedral, and starts screaming, well that's Guildford Cathedral that is. Highly unnattractive modern red brick building with what appears to be a golden chicken on the top [img]graemlins/saywhat.gif[/img]
But...how is that a part of this discussion?
Old 05-26-2002, 06:40 PM   #6
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
i know what hell looks like. It looks like the house of a friend of mine. He cleans the place maybe once in six months, it looks like hell
Old 05-26-2002, 06:41 PM   #7
Daniel_M
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Goulum:
There is evedence if you believe in such things, ok so what explains the bible or the fabled stories of jesus of nazereth?
Old 05-26-2002, 06:46 PM   #8
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Quote:
Originally posted by Daniel_M:
quote:
There is evedence if you believe in such things, ok so what explains the bible or the fabled stories of jesus of nazereth?[/QUOTE]There is absolutely NO offence intended to anyone here guys. Just telling you in advance. I think the bible was just written. Meant to start a religion so people would follow that god. Or possible the person who wrote it was crazy. I mean, how can we know that whoever wrote it really had a vision or whatever. And what are the Fabled Stories of Jesus of Nazereth?
Old 05-26-2002, 06:52 PM   #9
Daniel_M
Elminster

Quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Daniel_M:
quote:
There is evedence if you believe in such things, ok so what explains the bible or the fabled stories of jesus of nazereth?[/QUOTE]There is absolutely NO offence intended to anyone here guys. Just telling you in advance. I think the bible was just written. Meant to start a religion so people would follow that god. Or possible the person who wrote it was crazy. I mean, how can we know that whoever wrote it really had a vision or whatever. And what are the Fabled Stories of Jesus of Nazereth?[/QUOTE]Ok you hae sent me into history mode......

There is evedence of rituals that were performed during that time and that points to satanism:

388 C.E. -- First synagogue burned by the Bishop of Kallinikon.
4th Century -- Synagogues burned by Christians. Thousands of Jews slain.
5th Century -- Bishop Innocentius of Dertona (Italy) destroys Synagogues.
694 C.E. --Through the Council of Toledo- Jews enslaved. Jews lose rights and property. Jewish children forced to be baptized.
1010 C.E. -- Through The Bishop of Limoges- Jews who didn't convert to Christianity were killed.
1096 C.E. -- First Crusade. 12,000 Jews slaughtered through- out Europe.
1147 C.E. -- Second Crusade. Hundreds of French Jews innocently killed.
1189 C.E. -- Third Crusade. Jewish communities sacked, Jews banished altogether from Great Britain.
1234 C.E. -- Thirty Four German Jewish individuals slain in Fulda, Germany.
1257-67 -- English Jewish Community was exterminated.
1290 C.E. -- 12,000 Jews allegedly slaughtered in Poland and Bohemia.
1337 C.E. -- German Jew-killing craze reached 51 German towns.
1348 C.E. -- 2,000 French and Swiss Jews burned.
1349 C.E. -- In more than 350 European towns, Jews murdered. Most were burned alive.
1389 C.E. -- Three-hundred Jews killed in Prague.
1341 C.E. -- Archbishop leads 4,000 Jews to be killed and 25,000 to be sold as slaves.
1392 C.E. -- While Columbus journeyed to the new world, three-hundred thousand Jews were expelled from Spain.
1648 C.E. -- Chmielnitzki massacres in Poland. About 200,000 Jews were sadistically tortured to death by Pious Christians.

Rising anti semitism and religious seperatist pride ran rapid throughout Europe in the early 19th century-of course leading to the Holocaust. With over Six Million Jews and few more million Non Christians were tortured & murdered.
(*Note 6 million in the Third Reich were Catholic alone who participated in this system of pure evil, which means if the Vatican would have tried & stoped their own from participation, then there is no way the army could have functioned.
Conclusion; all excuses of the Vatican, on not being able to do a thing, are just more denial of responsibility.
Where were they before, during, and after in teaching about these things?
They perhaps fueled it, then displaced the blame, then claimed innocence.)
Old 05-26-2002, 06:56 PM   #10
Sir Goulum
John Locke

So these all lead to stanaism as you say. I'm not saying that these acts of violence arent wrong. They definetly are. Their sick, but did it occur to you that these people who started these slaughters might be crazy or have mental problems?

[ 05-26-2002, 06:57 PM: Message edited by: Sir Goulum ]