Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2009, 10:44 AM   #1
Target
Red Dragon

Roll Eyes Doctor Who

I see the new assistant has been unveiled, the well known Karen Gillan…To go with the equally famous new doctor, I can’t help but thinking that the BBC is trying to put off it’s loyal Doctor Who fans, and try to attract a new younger audience. I really hope this combo do better than they seem on paper!

If you can keep your head when all around are loosing theirs...you probably haven’t grasped the situation!!
Target is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 08:37 AM   #2
Wolf Rider2
Elminster

Default Re: Doctor Who

I liked David Tennant as the Doctor. He was quirky. Shame he decided to leave.
Christopher Eccleston was good too, and he only got one season, whether by his own choice I don't know.
Wolf Rider2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 06:32 AM   #3
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

For all my trying, I just can't get into it. I'm not sure if I even get the station now.
Old 06-01-2009, 04:50 AM   #4
Wolf Rider2
Elminster

Well, now that it has been screened and we have all (I assume) seen it, what is the verdict?

I liked it.
Old 06-30-2009, 12:22 PM   #5
Target
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Rider2 View Post
I liked David Tennant as the Doctor. He was quirky. Shame he decided to leave.
Christopher Eccleston was good too, and he only got one season, whether by his own choice I don't know.
I think Eccleston only wanted to do 1 season as he didn't want to be typed casted as a 'Doctor Who'.
DT is very good, I will miss him when he goes. A very good actor, did enjoy him and Jean-luc Picard on stage together!!

If you can keep your head when all around are loosing theirs...you probably haven’t grasped the situation!!
Old 07-01-2009, 03:43 AM   #6
Wolf Rider2
Elminster

Oh, did you get to see them? Can you feel my immense jealousy over the internet waves?

I don't know when they're screening the next episode. They've only shown that one with Karen Gillan in it so far. What about the others???
Old 07-01-2009, 04:37 AM   #7
Target
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Rider2 View Post
Oh, did you get to see them? Can you feel my immense jealousy over the internet waves?

I don't know when they're screening the next episode. They've only shown that one with Karen Gillan in it so far. What about the others???
jealousy, I just thought that was cricket related!!

Was that the Pompeii one? He we only have 3 more 'specials' left to see of DT. I'm guessing 2 are for Christmas and New Year, and maybe one sometime in the summer or when the BBC need some good raitings!! ha ha.

Old 07-02-2009, 04:07 AM   #8
Wolf Rider2
Elminster

Not Pompeii I don't think. It was...Um...Actually I think it was only the Planet of the Dead one. I have a feeling that Pompeii is next.
Old 07-02-2009, 05:07 AM   #9
Target
Red Dragon

Planet of the Dead, was that the one with the London Bus in? I have to admit to being a bit dissipointed with the last couple of 'specials' I think they might have peeked with the Voyage of the Damned. That one was superb!!

Saw an advert on TV last night for the new Tourchwood 'series' I think it's 1 ep a night for a week, all ending with the most annoying words in TV, "To be contiuned".

Old 07-03-2009, 06:49 AM   #10
Wolf Rider2
Elminster

Ah, the avid watcher's least favourite words, 'To Be Continued'. But Torchwood does look good. Hopefully we will get more Doctor Who soon. Waiting is so boring.