Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2001, 07:55 AM   #1
Little Dragon
The Magister

Koveras' Ring of Protection: Gives your A.C. a +1 bonus. Location: Sarevok.
How can you get it the game ends when he dies also. There is a ring of invisibility because it is even on this web site. Look

Ring of Invisibility: Wearer becomes invisible until an attack is made. The ring must be taken off and put back on in order to become invisible again. Location: ???

( not the one in Ulgoths Beard
Little Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2001, 09:21 AM   #2
JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

You get Kevoras' ring in Candlekeep. He'll give it to you. Talk to some people and they will say that they have seen him. Proceed to the 3rd floor, iirc, and talk to him there.
As for that ring of invisibility. Sounds like a hacked item.

JR

Damned i lost cousin Jan's techno gloves
JR Jansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2001, 12:54 PM   #3
Xanthul
Symbol of Cyric

About ring of Koveras, as Jansen said, he gives it to you in Candlekeep in chapter 6. And the ring of invisibility can only be found in Ulgoths beard, some people say that a friend of them found it in a tree, but i wont believe till i see it , it isnt in any of the hidden items list over there.

------------------
"Captive, captive... captive in heaven" -Ertai, Captive of the Blinding Angel
Xanthul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2001, 01:05 PM   #4
Haladar
Dungeon Master

ahhhh.... that ring of invisibility is one of many in game items that were designed by the creators for certain effects. They are defined as unremovable in the programming so dont appear on dead corpses.
If you use a program to extract all the files in items.bif in the data directory,and then open some of them with ieep you will find that they are things like the ghoul touch weapon that the spell creates. There are lots of rings like this one that you ere talking about.

If you have played BG2, you will know that at the beginning imoen has a belt that looks like the sex change girdle. This belt is a special unremoveable item that makes it impossible for her to die.It is an example of what you are talking about.

-----------
Haladar
Mithril Cavalier of ALSB
Guardian of the Holy Temple of Aerie
Haladar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2001, 02:39 PM   #5
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

I actually FOUND a Ghoul Touch weapon once, when I was fooling around with my Reputation. We should all know that if your Rep. drops to 1, cadres of Flaming Fist start spawning in the map you're in. There are about 6 Fist Enforcers, a Fist Scout(Stealthed and Blurred), and a Fist Battle Wizard(Protected from Missiles) that quickly casts Hasteon them all. These guys attack you, and after you kill them, another group spawns. Kinda irritating. But once, when I killed the Wizard, I found a Ghoul Touch weapon on his body--looked like a red hand. Pretty cool, I thought, but in retrospect I should have exported that character, because I never did get that weapon again, no matter how many times I tried. Maybe you have to kill the Wizard AFTER he casts Ghoul Touch but BEFORE he can use it. Or something.

------------------
You know what I always say? "Always kill the mouthy one," that's what I always say.

Hey! Why are you stabbing me???
SixOfSpades is offline   Reply With Quote