Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2002, 10:17 AM   #1
Dar'tanian
Red Wizard of Thay

What if you could import a self made item into the game. it can be anything from harp to rod to horn, even a potion. what would it be!!

Harp of destruction

only uable by: bard bhaal spawns

When sounding the harp you target one evil opponet to destroy. you atomatically end there life in a click of the button and can still keep there items, characters cant regenatrate or be raised and there is no save vs spell and it destroys even the undead. the spell does not effect anyone with bhaal essence or of bhaal decent and can only be trigered by a bhaal spawn. legend sayz it was made with the blood of bhaal, but it can only be used once and then it is destroyed forever.

this item has to be used carfully and it prevents the death of any major plot characters other than bodhi.
Old 11-23-2002, 10:23 AM   #2
dragon_lord
Elminster

A book that summons a Djinni who teleports your party to the Adventurers Mart.... I would have made this already but my Script Compiler has broken!
[img]\"http://unrealpowerhouse.ozforces.com.au/lich_des.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />[url]\"http://www.flatface.net/~itemsmart/\" target=\"_blank\">The Items Mart</a><br /><br />[url]\"http://www.flatface.net/~itemsmart/misc.htm\" target=\"_blank\">Monster Enchantments and Immunities List</a>
dragon_lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2002, 10:31 AM   #3
Throrgrim
Drow Warrior

sword of ultimate power

usable by: level 19+ bhaal spawn fighters (not many of those around eh?)

description:
this is a long sword that manifests the power of all the gods and universe. it has the ability to control time, kill in one hit and cast spells by itself.

stats:
must have 15+ INT
1D10 + 1D8
special abilties:
75% chance of one hit kills
cast time stop 5 times a day
cast finger of death 5 times a day
cast cure critical wounds 8 times a day.

cor would i like that weapon. i gotta get a mod that allows u to create such weapons [img]graemlins/fight.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rambo.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/knightsmile.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/2gunfire.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/crazyeyes.gif[/img]

[add] and to make it more interesting, u hav to fight a dragon, wyvern, 3 golems and a wild tiger to get it [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 11-23-2002, 10:33 AM: Message edited by: Throrgrim ]
Old 11-23-2002, 10:38 AM   #4
Grammar
Zhentarim Guard

You can create weapons with Infinity Engine Editor Pro
That sword would be waaaay too powerful though...
Grammar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2002, 08:25 PM   #5
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Throrgrim:
sword of ultimate power

usable by: level 19+ bhaal spawn fighters (not many of those around eh?)

description:
this is a long sword that manifests the power of all the gods and universe. it has the ability to control time, kill in one hit and cast spells by itself.

stats:
must have 15+ INT
1D10 + 1D8
special abilties:
75% chance of one hit kills
cast time stop 5 times a day
cast finger of death 5 times a day
cast cure critical wounds 8 times a day.
Talk about overpowered

How about,
Type: Two Handed-Sword
Minimum 15 Int.
Damage: 1d10 + 4
40% Chance Target is killed Instantly
20% Chance that the Wielder is killed Instantly on Critical Miss
Cast Timestop once per day, lasting for 2 rounds.
Cast FOD once per day, as per the Mage spell.
Cast Cure Medium Wounds twice per day.
+15% Magic Resistance
Useable by: Fighters, Paladins
Considered +4 when determining what it can hit.

You get it, hmm... in TOB, after you fight the Ravager.
LennonCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2002, 08:36 PM   #6
Angelousss
Red Wizard of Thay

katana +4 blade of the (insert what cool name here)
-1 to ac
+5 magic resistance
+1 to dex
can cast
cure serious wounds 2x a day
heal once per day
stoneskin once per day

While records are incomplete rumors of the blade suggest this
When (cool name) began wielding this blade(and a twin blade which has also been lost to history) it was a simple katana forged in by the village smithy. He trained with the blade at least twelve hours everyday in his monestaries' courtyard. As his skill increased so did the power of the blades. When he was an elder monk his monestary came under attack from a local warlord. For the fist time in thier existence the blades were used on others. He bravely fought forced a stalemate, eventually the warlord gave up choosing his men over possible riches from the monestary. (cool name) was found being supported by one of the blades, dead. Forever in defense of his beloved monestary. Noone was sure if he had seen the retreat of the attacking forces or not but the monks believe he did and knew he could rest.

[ 11-23-2002, 09:39 PM: Message edited by: Angelousss ]
Old 11-24-2002, 06:38 PM   #7
Azred
Drow Priestess

Question Mark

A "sword of ultimate power" is fun...for about 5 minutes. Too many requests for items like that are what led me to abandon creating items for others.
On the other hand, you can make a weapon that will set your opponent's hit rolls to 1 (giving them only critical misses) and make your minimum hit point value 1 (so you can never die from damage). Or some such nonsense. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

The true value of an item is not in what it can do--anyone can make a +5 sword of enemy slaying--but in its history. A captivating story can make a +1 dagger valuable. [img]graemlins/petard.gif[/img]

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2002, 07:22 PM   #8
Angelousss
Red Wizard of Thay

If i was going to try and make items i don't think i'd take requests. for the same reason you stated. I like the story i created for my item and there are a lack of high enchantment katana's in soa. I tried not to make it to powerful although i'm not sure i succeeded completely. but there are very powerful items in soa/tob and i don't think it's worse than any of them. proably be found in the underdark or the final piece of a forge item in the underdark
Old 11-24-2002, 08:33 PM   #9
Azred
Drow Priestess

Question Mark

Aneglousss, the katana you described is excellent. No overkill abilities, a couple of useful spells that may be cast once per day, and only +4 enchantment (enough to hit any opponent in the game, excluding those protected by Absolute Immunity). All you need is that "cool" name.
I view item and spell creation as an art. Seek a new combination of effects, strive for sublety of design, and compose a wonderful story as an accompaniment. [img]graemlins/petard.gif[/img]

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2002, 08:37 PM   #10
Angelousss
Red Wizard of Thay

thx azred maybe i'll look for a program and try some more.