Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2001, 05:03 PM   #1
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I have learned so much about the lives of Giants and Giant-kin by reading this trilogy. I am half way through the second novel at the moment. It really catches your attention, and keeps you wanting to read a little more. There never is a dull moment, and the knowledge of the Giant races are valuable. I do not want to spoil the story at all for anyone, unless asked to, of course. Let me know.

------------------

Larry, Sell-Sword to the OHF
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2001, 07:24 PM   #2
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Ok, you have me intriuged Larry. I'm looking for a good series to read. Is this a Forgotten Realms series? Looking for just a little info, dont get too in depth!
Lord of Alcohol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2001, 07:50 AM   #3
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Write a review but don't include any spoiler info! What are the titles of the books and what is the plot basically about?

------------------
My name is Memnoch. And your name is...destined to be a footnote in the sands of time.
Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2001, 09:20 AM   #4
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

The Trilogy is called the Twilight Giants.
The names of the Books are, "The Ogre's Pact", "The Giant Among Us", and "The Titan of Twilight".
Tavis Burdan is a Firbolg, in love with the Princess Brianna, who herself is unhumanly strong...(find out in the second novel why). She cannot marry Tavis because he is a commoner. The Twilight Spirit commands the Giants to bring Brianna to the Twilight Vale, a sacred place for all Giants. There is a main theme in the novels, that teaches that you should not prejudge character...(many times the author, Troy Denning, will let you know something that the characters don't know, and you find yourself screaming at them to listen to you!)...Anyway, You learn some history of the Giants and many aspects of Giant and Giant-kin life. Very interesting. Tavis is joined on his journeys by a youth, who is an exceptional thief and amazingly smart, and a Verbeeg who loves to steal books. The Verbeeg is also a runecaster, a different type of magic than I am used to, so that is also interesting. I have found it difficult to lay the book down, and last night, I read sor 5 hours straight! (And now I have a booming headache). If anyone else has read these novels, I would like to hear your views...

------------------

[This message has been edited by Larry_OHF (edited 04-05-2001).]
Old 04-05-2001, 10:33 AM   #5
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Today's report...I have finished the 2nd book in only a couple of days. I am now 7 chapters deep into the last. It is as good as the Drizzt novels. I like how the author, Troy Denning, realized that if you're going to be fighting giants, and giant-kin, you're bound to get hurt, as well as the icy climate of the Ice Spires always could freeze you to death. I don't know how many times the heroes have been near dead. Alot. And it is very exciting. I mean, a giant just has to get one good hit in, and bones get broken.
I would recommend this Trilogy to anyone who likes Forgotten Realms Novels, and is looking for something exciting to read...(compares with Dark elf Trilogy)

------------------

Old 04-05-2001, 06:00 PM   #6
Aurican
Elminster

Speaking of giants I have made myself mission. I want to bring giants into the world of BGII. If anybody knows how to import IWD graphics into BGII let me know. I want to make a firbolg character using the fire giant graphics from IWD. Anybody that can morph into a giant has to have good role-playing potential.

------------------
Can an elf get a break anywhere these days?
Aurican is offline   Reply With Quote