Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-30-2005, 03:14 PM   #1
Jelboo
Dungeon Master

This was a good way to waste my time, but I had good reasons; I had quitted the game whilst saving and I lost the save file, I was very far...
So I imported my character with Algernon's cloak and Boots of Speed and made him charm every single person in Candlekeep. I let them attack Gorion and ran away; I noticed he didn't fight back, trying to reach me. Eventually he died [img]tongue.gif[/img] . How twisted. On his body he had "the" letter. I didn't lose reputation and no one went hostile. Is there any way I could've continued this ( although it was years ago ) without cheating? [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-30-2005, 05:14 PM   #2
Sir Degrader
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

I'm not sure that's possible, I've CLUA'd Drizzt in, and still never gotten him to kill Gorion. Do you have any proof?
Sir Degrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 06:30 PM   #3
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Degrader:
I'm not sure that's possible, I've CLUA'd Drizzt in, and still never gotten him to kill Gorion. Do you have any proof?
yeah, I've never seen anyone kill Gorion before in CK, even with an imported character. I doubt the people of CK have a low enough thac0 to hit Gorion as well. Did you ever take a screenshot of this attack?

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 06:59 PM   #4
Sir Degrader
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Did you import him via the console? Or do that thing where you change the program's .ini or whatever file, and then CNTRL Y him?
Sir Degrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 09:38 PM   #5
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

You lot are serious about never being able to kill Gorian? I've managed a few times with imported characters too - but that was a long time ago. IIRC, he gave 4000xp. Broke the game though - I could never leave Candlekeep.
Calaethis Dragonsbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 01:48 AM   #6
Kyrvias
Lord Ao

Likewise. I killed him with my imported mage. Just summoned a bunch of animals/monsters, surrounded him, then launched a magic missle. And ran like hell.
Kyrvias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 10:49 PM   #7
thecarrotdude
Zhentarim Guard

I killed him once, but it took a lot of tries. My character had all the goods on him, especially protection against magic, but I still died with one hit with his magic attacks, until I got lucky somehow and killed him before he could attack.

"Excuse me, I believe you have my stapler..."
- Milton Waddams
thecarrotdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 05:48 AM   #8
JrKASperov
Fzoul Chembryl

The problem with Gorion is his first few magics. Those kill instantly(remember the ogre in the first cutscene that always gets it from that bolt?). So send some cannon fodder to absorb the insta-death and you'll be ok.
Old 01-06-2006, 09:16 AM   #9
AeonsLegend
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Gorion is not dificult to kill, but once you do his friend whatshisface will kill you. Not with a level 30 character could you defeat that guy. I think he was made to be unbeatable. He throws Lightningbolt at you which you can block with magic protections such as minor globe of invulnerability, but that eventually wears of so you're only delaying the inevitable.
AeonsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 10:16 AM   #10
Iron Greasel
Fzoul Chembryl

I've never killed him. Tried once but gave up when I noticed that he could cast Scripted Death. It would be kinda cool if you could kill him and then die when the antagonist attacks you outside the walls.