Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-2003, 10:38 AM   #1
Helix
Dungeon Master

Short 'n sweet. What level does this group need to be in
order to take on the monsters guarding the Diamond Eyes in
the Mountain Wilderness (a Death Knight and some Heads is it?)
I just want to sneak in there, grab it and leave.
I'm not into killing npc's so the Trynnie Shaman can breathe easy.

Here's the band of vagrants I'm running:
3 lizard fighters (one dualing)
1 dwarf priest
1 mook ranger
1 faerie mage

Yeah I know, boring, but very effective. All are level 11.

thanks

Helix
Helix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2003, 02:15 PM   #2
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

try to get higher levels ie 15++ ( don't worry since the level of monsters on that temple is fixed ), and just stay beside the wall and not fight in open area.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2003, 04:53 PM   #3
MaskedFrog
Drow Warrior

Make sure you can cast Soul Shield at a reasonable level before going into this battle. I picked it up with a party of 5 at about level 14 to 16. It was a tough fight but my lord desparately needed a good weapon. Make sure to save before the fight in case something goes horribly wrong.

P
O
S
S
I
B
L
E

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

Walk up to the edge of the door and creep forward as far as possible without triggering the fight. Manually start the battle and cast your buff spells and start a walk command. Walk forward until you can just see the enemy and you should have most of your buffs cast before the battle even starts.
MaskedFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2003, 06:03 PM   #4
Helix
Dungeon Master

Thanks to all. Looks like I need to wait a while.

Helix
Helix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2003, 01:14 PM   #5
Kzonon
Dungeon Master

Helix!!!!

Don't wait a while..... I took the Death Knight and the Heads last night with a party of six level 10-12's. My party is very similar to yours....three fighters, a ninja, a bishop and a ranger. Just as MaskedFrog said, I stayed around the corner and stayed out of line of sight of the Heads. The knight came around the corner...of course I provoked him with a fireball. Perhaps I was a little lucky but it certainly can be done. He was difficult to hit since he had so many levels on me so I concentrated on keeping my guys healthy. I didn't knock him out or stun him or anything, I had to pound on him......

I didn't have soul shield but I did have magic screen, though my guys were still taking a beating from magic.

Good luck and Happy hunting.
Old 01-17-2003, 11:24 AM   #6
Wereboar
Baaz Draconian

With a party with 3 fighters, the fight shouldn't be a problem.

Stand in the door (just before they could see you - check with x-ray), enter combat manually, and walk up to them. You should be able to kill the death knight in 2 rounds, unless your fighters go insane in the first round.

But it's even better. Stand in the doorway, out of combat. Cast Detect Secrets, and you'll find the mace. Now start combat, run in, grab it, run out. Combat ends.
Wereboar is offline   Reply With Quote