Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-17-2003, 12:28 PM   #31
Sigmar
Unicorn

Ways it could turn out good-

1: The box falls into the thames, Blaine survives the fall and the box ends up somewhere very near the south of England...preferably France if possible ( [img]tongue.gif[/img] ) where he then proceeds to get out and feel slightly embarrassed/annoyed.

2: Blaine begins to suffer from temporary insanity during which he reveals that despite what he's been saying for years all of his tricks are not real achievements and that they were faked (specifically the ice block, casket ones, which a documentary proved were faked).

3: He backs out.

His tricks are sometimes impressive but he himself is a jackass. If you are in need of further enlightenment please refer to season 1 of "Bo Selecta".

"It were proper bo I tell the!"
Old 09-17-2003, 12:47 PM   #32
Horatio
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Sigmar:
"It were proper bo I tell the!"
Shazzam!
Old 09-17-2003, 01:02 PM   #33
Grendal
Manshoon

Why give this guy so much much grief! Its not like nobody else has done silly stunts b4. Like the guy who buried himself in a glass coffin under 6 feet of concrete. Now THAT was stupid. All was good till the big airbubble blew up and the concrete settled ten inches lower. Evil Knievel, his rocket bike and the Snake River Canyon? Robbie Kneivel and the Grand Canyon? Didnt someone walk a tightrope over the Thames a few years ago? The only thing stupid about it, and the only reason its costing you tax money to police it is because of the stupid public who wont leave the guy alone! He is a magician and showman...its what he does!
Old 09-17-2003, 01:06 PM   #34
Horatio
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Grendal:
The only thing stupid about it, and the only reason its costing you tax money to police it is because of the stupid public who wont leave the guy alone! He is a magician and showman...its what he does!
So, you think that if you hang up a glass box on a crane, perform a death-defying feat, and publicise it galore, nobody will show up and watch? He's created a spectacle that jammed London's roads for hours. He knew what he was doing and what it would entail. Of course there are idiots, but they are not the ones slowing traffic down, are they?
Old 09-17-2003, 01:37 PM   #35
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

Quote:
Originally posted by Grendal:
Why give this guy so much much grief! Its not like nobody else has done silly stunts b4. Like the guy who buried himself in a glass coffin under 6 feet of concrete. Now THAT was stupid. All was good till the big airbubble blew up and the concrete settled ten inches lower. Evil Knievel, his rocket bike and the Snake River Canyon? Robbie Kneivel and the Grand Canyon? Didnt someone walk a tightrope over the Thames a few years ago? The only thing stupid about it, and the only reason its costing you tax money to police it is because of the stupid public who wont leave the guy alone! He is a magician and showman...its what he does!
at least those ones had some entertainment value.
Old 09-17-2003, 03:46 PM   #36
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Never confuse what you're being told with reality. 40 days without food, right? But a water tube coming in? Methinks there's more than water in that tube... although I do wonder what will happen when it's time for excretion in any form. Don't suppose he built a little privy up there, did he?

The key to illusion is that people want to believe.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Old 09-17-2003, 04:28 PM   #37
Sigmar
Unicorn

Quote:
Originally posted by Bungleau:
tube... although I do wonder what will happen when it's time for excretion in any form. Don't suppose he built a little privy up there, did he?

There's a little trap door in the cube...seriously.

His tricks may be amazing (but like all magic tricks not real, despite what he has said on a few occasions) but he still has the charsima of a stunned yak.

"Horatio quote-Shazzam!"

Great stuff

[ 09-17-2003, 04:34 PM: Message edited by: Sigmar ]
Old 09-17-2003, 04:40 PM   #38
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

i think he is a good street magician, but the box thing is just a bit of attention seeking
Old 09-17-2003, 07:21 PM   #39
Grendal
Manshoon

Horatio...Im not sure how "death defying" this is but sure. As for stopping traffic, I would think that should die down as the novelty wears off. Ive never been to London so I dont know how your traffic grid is but would it have been better had he been located over a different part of the river? Maybe you should be upset with whomever gave the go ahead for the stunt in the first place, he must have gotten city approval?
AzRael...The entertaiment value may not be as high profile as jumping a motorbike across a canyon but it seems to be making the news (be it good or bad) world wide! Dont think I saw as many news articles about Robbies jump!
Bungleau...lol I was wondering the same thing!
Old 09-18-2003, 01:14 AM   #40
SpongeBobTheDestoyer

There are quite a few haters on this forum when it comes to this guy.

[ 09-18-2003, 01:17 AM: Message edited by: SpongeBobTheDestoyer ]