Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 02-24-2009, 05:42 PM   #11
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Thumbs Up Re: Anyway to check if a company did send me an email I haven't received?

That is one of the problems with e-mails. It doesn't happen often but it can get sent into the void. But your airlines would still have a copy and should be more than willing to resend it if required. I have missed a few bills from the phone company as a result of e-mail. But I know they get sent so they enter the void and I never receive them. There are times I have received stuff were the date sent was days before I received it. E-mail isn't %100 reliable even if the people doing the sending are.
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 09:18 PM   #12
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Default Re: Anyway to check if a company did send me an email I haven't received?

ZFR, both of you could be right and they sent it but it never came to you because it is still en-route. For reasons that nobody has cared to investigate and explain, I have received emails twice that were sent to me days before that just decided to finally show up (and this was internal messages from employees in the same department as me) and once I sent an email to an outside receiver who was waiting on information from me and me and him communicated over the phone a few days later that he never got my email so I resent it and he got it the second time, then my first message was received by him two minutes after that!

So...they could have sent it correctly, and it actually may still come to you at some point. That's neither their fault nor yours...but hopefully for you, you can get a manager to overlook the sent folder of the representative that supposedly sent the file (or whatever is equivalent to that) and take some ownership of the problem. If not, you as a disgruntled customer can spread a lot of bad mojo to call out their quality of service. They're more than likely just hoping you'll go away.
Old 03-10-2009, 01:50 PM   #13
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Default Re: Anyway to check if a company did send me an email I haven't received?

After sending and receiving a few more emails I got this:

Quote:
Dear Mr. XXX,

This is to acknowledge receipt of your email dated 4th of March 2009.

We are unable to provide copy of the message sent since it will be an auto
generated message showing revised flight details.

We, regrettably advise that we have nothing more to add to what has been communicated to you earlier and will now
consider this case closed.

Respectfully yours,

XXX
Customer Relations Officer
That's just sad. They haven't contacted me by phone, and they can't even provide a copy of the email they said they sent. And they want to consider the case closed.

I'm getting more and more certain that I wasn't contacted in the first place... Time to write to them again.
Old 03-10-2009, 02:16 PM   #14
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

Ok, here's what worked for me.

My flight this Summer was delayed coming home by over a day. I started emailing them everyday. I usually click on the email about times, so they get it 20 times. I few other people started responding, so I added them to my email list as well; also about times.
Eventually they caved in and sent me a check for $250US, to get me to go away. This cost me nothing, but I'm sue it cost them more than $250!
Old 05-25-2009, 05:33 PM   #15
ZFR
Legion Symbol

SUCCESS!!!

... at least partial.

After calling, escalating the issue to the manager, calling again, and tons of emailing (I found a few more managers' emails. I'd copy everyone even if only one replies)... they finally wrote that they're going to reimburse me
They didn't admit it was their mistake. Didn't even apologize. Just "we again, have reviewed your complaint and after consultation with our Customer Relations Manager, we agreed to reimburse the incidental expenses". Whatever...

Anyway, I thought this was finally over and wanted to post here but then came another thing. I received the cheque today... after 5 days. pretty fast considering they said it might take 2 weeks... and the amount doesn't match.

My expenses came to 178 pounds. In their email they wrote they'll pay me 178 pound. in the letter that accompanied the cheque they wrote something like "please find attached a cheque for 178 pounds" but the cheque is for... 119 pounds :brood:

Any idea what's going on? I've scanned the letter and the cheque and sent them an email, but I'm just curious as to what's happening. Is it an honest mistake? done on purpose? Or am I missing something completely obvious??
Old 05-25-2009, 06:36 PM   #16
Kezardin
Elminster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZFR View Post
SUCCESS!!!

... at least partial.
My expenses came to 178 pounds. In their email they wrote they'll pay me 178 pound. in the letter that accompanied the cheque they wrote something like "please find attached a cheque for 178 pounds" but the cheque is for... 119 pounds :brood:

Any idea what's going on? I've scanned the letter and the cheque and sent them an email, but I'm just curious as to what's happening. Is it an honest mistake? done on purpose? Or am I missing something completely obvious??
Howdy ZFR,

that's about 33% they've knocked off - are there any taxes in Ireland that might be applicable ? VAT, withholding tax, that sort of thing ?
Kezardin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 01:31 PM   #17
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kezardin View Post
Howdy ZFR,

that's about 33% they've knocked off - are there any taxes in Ireland that might be applicable ? VAT, withholding tax, that sort of thing ?
I don't think vat is applicable in this case. And if it was they should've written in their letter "please find enclosed a cheque for 119 gbp"... instead they clearly wrote that the cheque attached is for 178.
Old 05-26-2009, 01:47 PM   #18
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

I agree. It's not conversion rate either, as that GB amount does not equal what you got when converted to Euros, for example. It is most likely an intentional dock of money, since you said they never admitted fault or apologised, they prolly reimbursed you this much minus some other charge that they don't take responsibility for.
Old 05-27-2009, 02:57 PM   #19
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Roll Eyes Re: Anyway to check if a company did send me an email I haven't received?

Got a reply today. It was "an oversight" by their accounts department. Good check's in the mail.