Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 07-28-2011, 11:11 PM   #1
Azred
Drow Priestess

Ironworks Forum New NASA Data Debunks Global Warming

Finally! Definitive proof the the climate alarmists are wrong and have been for years.!

Quote:
NASA satellite data from the years 2000 through 2011 show the Earth's atmosphere is allowing far more heat to be released into space than alarmist computer models have predicted, reports a new study in the peer-reviewed science journal Remote Sensing. The study indicates far less future global warming will occur than United Nations computer models have predicted, and supports prior studies indicating increases in atmospheric carbon dioxide trap far less heat than alarmists have claimed.

Study co-author Dr. Roy Spencer, a principal research scientist at the University of Alabama in Huntsville and U.S. Science Team Leader for the Advanced Microwave Scanning Radiometer flying on NASA's Aqua satellite, reports that real-world data from NASA's Terra satellite contradict multiple assumptions fed into alarmist computer models.

"The satellite observations suggest there is much more energy lost to space during and after warming than the climate models show," Spencer said in a July 26 University of Alabama press release. "There is a huge discrepancy between the data and the forecasts that is especially big over the oceans."

In addition to finding that far less heat is being trapped than alarmist computer models have predicted, the NASA satellite data show the atmosphere begins shedding heat into space long before United Nations computer models predicted.

The new findings are extremely important and should dramatically alter the global warming debate.
Please, read the rest of the article. In the meantime, I am actually gloating because this just proves that I was right all along--the climate models upon which all the alarmists based their findings and upon which the politicians were wanting to enact long-term legislation were fundamentally flawed. When you begin with a junk premise you will get junk results every time.

This should be the last word on the subject, allowing us to stick a fork in it because it is done. Remember....

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 12:41 AM   #2
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Default Re: New NASA Data Debunks Global Warming

Never heard of this website before now but the obvious disdain for "alarmists" in the article triggered my own internal alarm, prompting me to have a quick mosey 'round for signs of nuetraility and dignified journalism. Instead, it turned up the usual right-wing talking points and opinion :-/. Then I saw a clicky poll on why Obama is wrong, lol. Even the healthcare section has only articles that (you guessed it) oppose the already-passed healthcare bill and speak of "taking our country back".
Old 07-29-2011, 01:45 AM   #3
machinehead
Drizzt Do'Urden

From Wiki, hmm...

The Heartland Institute is a libertarian[2][3][4] American public policy think tank based in Chicago, Illinois which advocates free market policies. The Institute is designated as a 501(c)(3) non-profit by the Internal Revenue Service and advised by a 15 member board of directors, which meets quarterly. As of 2008, it has a full-time staff of 30, including editors and senior fellows.[2] The Institute was founded in 1984 and conducts research and advocacy work on issues including government spending, taxation, healthcare, tobacco policy, global warming, information technology and free-market environmentalism.

In the 1990s, the group worked with the tobacco company Philip Morris to question the science linking secondhand smoke to health risks, and to lobby against government public health reforms.[5][6][7] More recently, the Institute has focused on questioning the scientific consensus on climate change, and has sponsored meetings of climate change skeptics.[8]

According to its brochures, the Heartland Institute receives money from approximately 1,600 individuals and organizations, and no single corporate entity donates more than 5% of the operating budget.[20] Heartland states that it does not accept government funds and does not conduct contract research for special-interest groups.[21]

MediaTransparency reported that the Heartland Institute received funding from politically conservative foundations such as the Castle Rock Foundation, the Sarah Scaife Foundation, the John M. Olin Foundation, and the Lynde and Harry Bradley Foundation.[22]

Oil and gas companies have contributed to the Heartland Institute, including over $600,000 from ExxonMobil between 1998 and 2005.[23] Greenpeace reported that the Heartland Institute received almost $800,000 from ExxonMobil.[14] By 2008, ExxonMobil had stopped funding to Heartland.[dubious – discuss] Joseph Bast, president of the Heartland Institute, argued that ExxonMobil was simply distancing itself from Heartland out of concern for its public image.[23]

The Heartland Institute has also received funding and support from the tobacco company Philip Morris.[15]

The Independent reported that Heartland's receipt of donations from Exxon and Philip Morris indicates a "direct link"..."between anti-global warming sceptics funded by the oil industry and the opponents of the scientific evidence showing that passive smoking can damage people's health."[6]

As of 2006, the Walton Family Foundation (run by the family which founded Wal-Mart) had contributed approximately $300,000 to the Heartland Institute. The Heartland Institute published an op-ed in the Louisville Courier-Journal defending Wal-Mart against criticism over its treatment of workers. The Walton Family Foundation donations were not disclosed in the op-ed, and the editor of the Courier-Journal stated that he was unaware of the connection and would probably not have published the op-ed had he known of it.[24] The St. Petersburg Times described the Heartland Institute as "particularly energetic defending Wal-Mart."[24] Heartland has stated that its authors were not "paid to defend Wal-Mart" and did not receive funding from the corporation; it did not disclose the $300,000+ received from the Walton Family Foundation.[24]
machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 01:49 AM   #4
Chewbacca
Zartan

Promising news (thats doesn't address rising ocean temperatures and other pollution said the sad, alarmed polar bear.)
Old 07-29-2011, 02:13 AM   #5
machinehead
Drizzt Do'Urden

The co-author of the study, Dr. Roy Spencer also sez...

Spencer is a signatory of the Cornwall Alliance for the Stewardship of Creation's "An Evangelical Declaration on Global Warming".

The declaration states:

"We believe Earth and its ecosystems — created by God’s intelligent design and infinite power and sustained by His faithful providence — are robust, resilient, self-regulating, and self-correcting, admirably suited for human flourishing, and displaying His glory. Earth's climate system is no exception."

Last edited by machinehead; 07-29-2011 at 02:16 AM.
Old 07-29-2011, 02:14 AM   #6
Chewbacca
Zartan

I guess I'm willing to believe the atomosphere sheds excess heat off into space. It's in a science journal. I do have questions not addressed in the article and skepitcal of early interpretations. Climate change cannot been disproven anymore than anything already happening could be, however the variable of atmoshpheric temperature may now evolve.

Being magically saved has an alarming appeal to it. I'll take it although we have real alarming pollution problems to face. Those won't go away if the the polar ice comes back the next the few years either.
Old 07-29-2011, 02:21 AM   #7
Chewbacca
Zartan

Quote:
Originally Posted by machinehead View Post
The co-author of the study, Dr. Roy Spencer also sez...

Spencer is a signatory of the Cornwall Alliance for the Stewardship of Creation's "An Evangelical Declaration on Global Warming".[22]

The declaration states:

"We believe Earth and its ecosystems — created by God’s intelligent design and infinite power and sustained by His faithful providence — are robust, resilient, self-regulating, and self-correcting, admirably suited for human flourishing, and displaying His glory. Earth's climate system is no exception."
Some folks go looking for the answers they want to find, whether those answers are correct or false.

I believe many of those same things about the designs of creation like myself, the Earth and it's climate systems. Strange and alarming to me is how the word Delicate is not used. And Beautiful. Amongt other alarming omissions.
Old 07-29-2011, 02:25 AM   #8
machinehead
Drizzt Do'Urden

Myself I don't know one way or another but clearly the author of the study and the author of the article both have identical agendas which to my mind makes what they have written suspect and far from proof positive there Azred.
Old 07-29-2011, 04:08 AM   #9
machinehead
Drizzt Do'Urden

Some rebutals to his previous works.
http://arthur.shumwaysmith.com/life/...degree_warming
http://arthur.shumwaysmith.com/life/..._climate_model

More here.
http://www.realclimate.org/wiki/inde...le=Roy_Spencer
http://www.realclimate.org/index.php...-easy-lessons/

Last edited by machinehead; 07-29-2011 at 04:23 AM.
Old 07-29-2011, 08:40 AM   #10
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Yeah, with Machinehead's research these guys clearly have an agenda, one that is funded by big business such as tobacco, oil and right-wing groups. I could see an issue upon my first visit just by looking around.

Oh, check out the Environment section on the site. It's a riot. They absolutely HATE the concept of Global Warming. Every article somehow seeks to undermine what science has already agreed upon. Then, there's a feature on Dennis Miller (The guy who goes on Fox and laughs @ his own jokes even if you don't). Another article on the tea-party. And yet another slamming the Huffington Post (their arch-nemesis).