Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2003, 07:01 PM   #1
Sir Exxon
Zartan

<font color="gold">What are your absolute favourite film moments?

I noticed last night that I always get goosebumps in LotR: TTT in the battle of Helm's Deep, when Gandalf arrives with Eomer and Rohirrim.
Same thing happens in Gladiator, when Maximus has just defeated Commodus and has his little speech before he dies. The music in that movie is just brilliant. [img]smile.gif[/img] </font>
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2003, 08:17 PM   #2
Lord Lothar
Quintesson

<font color=cadetblue>I love Snoop Dogg's part in Training Day. It cracks me up every time. The ending of Training Day when everyone turns against Alonzo is also one of my favourite movie parts. In How High where the volunteer officer's bike is stolen. Ali G in Da House had great moments throughout but the best part is when the Prime Minister hosts the peace conference...</font>

[ 09-14-2003, 08:18 PM: Message edited by: Lord Lothar ]
Old 09-14-2003, 11:44 PM   #3
Nerull
Lord Ao

</font>
  • When Michael has the competition eliminated during the baptism in the Godfather saga. Another scene is where Sonny is gunned down.</font>
  • The very beginning of the Exorcist, where you see the statue of Pazuzu. The exorcism itself is good, as well (especially the part where "Help Me" appears on her stomach). In the updated version released recently, they added a scene where she came down the stair like a spider, bent backwards (very creepy!).</font>
  • The scene in Halloween where Jaime Lee Curtis is running screaming across the street back to the house she is babysitting at, and Michael Myers is just casually walking across the street. Also, the whole part after that in the house is a classic.</font>
  • The part in the Wizard of Oz where the flying monkeys abduct Dorothy and the rest of the gang. The part where they expose the wizard is cool, too.</font>
  • The final duel in the Good, the Bad and the Ugly. The very end (where he leaves the Ugly hanging, then comes back and shoots the rope) is cool, too.</font>
  • The final duel in Yojimbo, where he uses the throwing knife to disarm the guy with the gun. The scene in Fistfull of Dollars is good, too, but not as good as the scene in Yojimbo.</font>
  • The duel between Arnold and the alien in Predator, with them cleaning out the base a good scene, too.</font>
  • Gandalf versus the Balrog in Fellowship of the Ring. Also cool was the part where Arwen swept away the ringwraiths with the water and the part where Aragorn fought the main Uruk-hai.</font>
  • The final battle in Enter the Dragon (not just two guys going at it equally, very cool). Runner up is the fight with O'Hara.</font>
  • The fight between Neo and Morpheus in the Matrix. Runner up is the part where he gets up at the end and does the whole stopping bullets/mop the floor with Agent Smith part.</font>
  • The fight between Adam Sandler and Bob Barker in Happy Gilmore (don't like Sandler much, but that was a classic).</font>
  • The very beginning of Saving Private Ryan (most realistic looking war scene that I have ever seen).</font>
  • Pretty much all of the scenes with Bill Murray or Rodney Dangerfield in Caddyshack.</font>
  • The end of the Usual Suspects.</font>
It's pretty late where I'm at, and that is all I can think of off hand.

[ 09-14-2003, 11:45 PM: Message edited by: Nerull ]
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Nerull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2003, 07:01 AM   #4
Jorath Calar
Harper

Scenes that always give me goosebumps no matter how often I see them.

-No, I am your father - Empire Strikes Back
-In TTT were Legolas stands on the hill shooting the wargriders... That movie is full of goosebumps... but this one is just aweinspiring... [img]smile.gif[/img]
-In Gladiator were Maximus reveals himself to Comodus "...and I'll have me revenge int his live of the next"
-Braveheart... You'll never take our freedom!
-Saving Private Ryan beginning scene
-Forrest Gump: In Vietnam were he is running to get the wounded... looking for Bubba... with no regard for his own life

Don't remember more at the moment...
Jorath Calar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2003, 07:26 AM   #5
Link
Jack Burton

The part where Mufasa dies in the Lion King always brings tears to my eyes.

No seriously though:

- Saving Private Ryan: beginning scene
- TTT: Eomer and the Rohirrim & Gandalf [img]smile.gif[/img]
- Rain Man: i like the entire movie very much
- Behind Enemy Lines: when they are about to fly away in the jet... that song (Feeder - Buck Rogers) is just awsome!
Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2003, 11:15 AM   #6
Zuvio
Gold Dragon

From the first till the last scene of Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas.
Old 09-15-2003, 03:47 PM   #7
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

"The killing of the "5 heads" in the Godfather
Legolas`s sliding on the shield at Helm`s Deep in TTT
Snoop`s run on a whealchair
Anything of Mel Brooks and/or Leslie Nielson
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2003, 06:38 AM   #8
SpongeBobTheDestoyer

One of them would have to be when R2-D2 shoots out Lukes lightsaber and all hell breaks loose when he's about to go down into the pit(I forgot it's name, Star Wars fanatics don't go off on me), in RotJedi.
Old 09-16-2003, 06:51 AM   #9
shadowhound
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Nerull:
</font>
  • The fight between Neo and Morpheus in the Matrix.</font>
  • The very beginning of Saving Private Ryan (most realistic looking war scene that I have ever seen).</font>
  • Pretty much all of the scenes with Bill Murray or Rodney Dangerfield in Caddyshack.</font>
</font>
  • I have always loved that scene [img]smile.gif[/img]</font>
  • I thought the whole movie was excellent</font>
  • I just like most of Rodney Dengerfield's movies
    -----------------------------------------------</font>
  • In The Crow, "Here is an imitation for you. Caw Caw, Bang **** I'm dead"</font>
  • You know that scene in College Girls Gone Wi... nevermind JK</font>
  • The huge car accident scene in Final Destination 2... I know it's not a comedy but it struck me as funny</font>
  • American Beasuty, scene where Lester and family are having tea...
    Carolyn Burnham: Your father and I were just discussing his day at work. Why don't you tell our daughter about it, honey?
    Lester Burnham: Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go **** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.</font>

[ 09-16-2003, 06:53 AM: Message edited by: shadowhound ]
Old 09-17-2003, 06:53 PM   #10
Barry the Sprout
White Dragon

Here are the ones I can think of off hand:

The final scene from Heat, with DeNiro dying and Pacino holding his hand. From the point where Macauley decides to kill Wayne Grohl through to the end that film is absolutely superb.

Predator already has a mention in this thread, but the scene I like is afer the failed attempt at trapping the predator - with "Mac" stumbling through the forest mumbling: "Gonna have me some fun... gonna have me some fun..." under his breath. Don't know why - I just like it.

Paul Owen being killed in American Psycho. Its brutal, but also hilarious.

Dog's gang holding up the posh hippies in Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels. "Will everyone just stop getting shot!".

The scattering of Donnie's ashes in The Big Lebowski. The laughter in that scene is horribly guilty I find as even forgetting Donnie's death there's a really touching moment between The Dude and Walter.

While I'm on Coen films I'll go for the hotel fire scene from Barton Fink. John Goodman running down the corridor screaming: "I will show you the life of the mind!", is just excellent.

There are probably lots that I'll think of and wish I'd included, but I'd better stop there for now.
[img]\"http://img1.ranchoweb.com/images/sproutman/certwist.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br /><i>\"And the angels all pallid and wan,<br />Uprising, unveiling, affirm,<br />That the play is the tragedy, man,<br />And its hero the Conquerer Worm.\"</i><br /> - Edgar Allan Poe
Barry the Sprout is offline   Reply With Quote