Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2008, 04:42 PM   #1
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Default The Best Spin YET!

Just read this, *WOW*. AND, it came from CNN!

Long article, but snipped the core here:

"McCain's campaign released an ad Friday invoking Sen. Joe Biden, the Democratic vice presidential nominee, who said this week that the world will soon test "Barack Obama like they did John Kennedy."

The ad plays heavily edited clips of Biden's remarks over images of Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez and Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad as well as stock videos of tanks, terrorists and a crying child.

"Listen to Joe Biden, talking about what electing Barack Obama will mean," the ad begins before introducing Biden's words from Sunday: "Mark my words. It will not be six months before the world tests Barack Obama. ... The world is looking. ... We're going to have an international crisis ... to test the mettle of this guy. ... I guarantee you it's going to happen."

The ad concludes, "It doesn't have to happen. Vote McCain.""

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/10/...ef=mpstoryview

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Felix The Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 05:48 PM   #2
machinehead
Drizzt Do'Urden

Default Re: The Best Spin YET!

Desperation perhaps?
machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 08:52 PM   #3
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Am I to understand here that you are saying the McCain campaign put a spin on something, painting the situation in a distorted manner?
Old 10-24-2008, 09:33 PM   #4
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion

Am I to understand you honestly think there's a candidate who doesn't?

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Firestormalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 10:18 PM   #5
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

I don't think it's equal. You see, by equalizing the blame you tend to half it, in effect shifting 50% to someone else that they may not be responsible for.

Another question. Am I to understand that you believe both of these canditates have distorted the truth in equal amounts, with no-one ever taking the high road?
Old 10-24-2008, 10:33 PM   #6
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Yeah, pretty much, granted, I haven't watched the race as closely as others, so maybe there are some cases I'm not aware of.

I made my previous comment because your's sounded like no one else has done this (i.e. Obama, yes even he's stretched things to suit his purposes)

That's primarily why I dislike politics in general. No such thing as an honest politician, and everyone is utterly polarized about their position.

Last edited by Firestormalpha; 10-24-2008 at 10:36 PM.
Old 10-24-2008, 10:48 PM   #7
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritWarrior View Post
I don't think it's equal. You see, by equalizing the blame you tend to half it, in effect shifting 50% to someone else that they may not be responsible for.

Another question. Am I to understand that you believe both of these canditates have distorted the truth in equal amounts, with no-one ever taking the high road?
Dude, we are two weeks away. One needs to wipe the mud from the "tele" screen daily, McCain says something new, they say something to spin it. Barack Hussein Obama says something new, they say something to spin it.

My biggest concern ATM is, who paid for Barack Hussein Obama to travel to Hawaii? If this was official travel, why did the camera only show the exit door and ramp? If not, why did he travel solo, and the whole side of the plane be presented for at least a moment?

Why? All official travel *MUST* be a US flag carrier, and that bird was missing a marking! Who cares if the RNC paid $150K for Sara's outfits? But, if she adjusted her claim because her children were not considered for official travel after the news report, then we should be informed of this travel as well!

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Felix The Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 11:02 PM   #8
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Are you talking about him visiting his Grandma?

My biggest concern, at least today (Palin may have been yesterday, and Bush the day before) is this crazy brother of John Sidney McCain. I think his name is Paul. Anyone hear the tape when he called 911 to complain about traffic and then told the operator "■■■■ you!" lol. Wtf? Imagine what he'll say when he calls the white house.

Also, apparently Joe the Plumber isn't actually a plumber. Well he is, but he doesn't have a license. Wth is happening?
Old 10-24-2008, 11:08 PM   #9
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

well, if it makes you feel better, he did appologize for it.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081025/...oe_mccain911_3

And I'm not really sure how the misdeeds of his brother tie in to McCain's campaign. Related perhaps, but they are not necesarily the same person.

I liken it to the Ayers thing with Obama. 1) Is Ayers still actively plotting to bomb buildings, or is he a good productive citizen now? 2) What's the relevence to the Campaign?

Old 10-24-2008, 11:36 PM   #10
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

There's none, as far as i'm concerned. But my god if it was Obama's brother who did that it would be replayed over and over. Basically, I am just demonstrating and trying my hand at the petty crap we have seen for the last year, and you came in and proved my point about it having no real relevance at all. His brother may be a crackpot, but his brother is not the nominee, and who doesn't have a crazy relative in their family?