Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-16-2002, 08:26 PM   #1
Mellagar

I have heard rumors that one can get Canderous in the party when leaving Candlekeep. I've never had this happen but then again I also heard there are certain steps that need to be taken for this to occur. If it can be done without cheating, I'd be interested to hear.
Mellagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2002, 03:51 AM   #2
Midget Gems

Yes Mellagar, you can get Canderous into your party because the subject has come up on this forum previously. Six-of-Spades is the expert on this so I'm sure he will post later.
Old 03-21-2002, 09:53 PM   #3
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

And hey look, you're both right.

Canderous is the only one of the 'Illusionary' NPCs I like using--he's basically a Branwen that is a better fit with the Gauntlets of Dexterity, and he doesn't complain when your Rep. gets too high.

To get any (or all) of the Illusionary NPCs, go down to the cellar with them and start kicking gibberling butt. Kick them all off your party. Talk to Obe, and say you want to go back outside. IMMEDIATELY pause the game--you've got a split second before you actually get teleported outside, and in that split second you have to talk to one of the NPCs, and have them re-join your party. (Whoever you talk to will be stripped of all their items, so drop them on the ground first.) Then BAM--you're outside, and they're still inside....and then can recruit all the other NPCs for you. Now (quickly) go talk to Gorion, and after the fight with the Armored Figure, all the Illusionary NPCs are in your group.
Old 03-22-2002, 12:15 PM   #4
Katherine
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by SixOfSpades:
and in that split second you have to talk to one of the NPCs, and have them re-join your party.
haha... you tricky little devil, you. Since this is obviously taking advantage of the script weakness, why not just summon the .cre file? Will they not join in that case?

And, I think you can add the Squirrel Goddess to your party like that, too. You have to give back all the acorns that you stole first, though.

[ 03-22-2002, 12:16 PM: Message edited by: Katherine ]
Old 03-22-2002, 08:07 PM   #5
Mellagar

Oh no......not the squirrel goddess.....I'm still recovering from the last time.
Mellagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2002, 10:43 PM   #6
SecretMaster
Apophis

Whats the squirrel goddess?
SecretMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2002, 10:59 PM   #7
Katherine
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by SecretMaster:
She's not a "what," she's a "who." The Squirrel Goddess is only the most powerful personality on the Sword Coast. I'm not even going to joke about how she came about her nut collection as that would be too easy.

Six of Spades is the real expert on the Squirrel Goddess, though. For a really definitive answer, you need to consult him. Six simply knows "all things squirrel." [all praise the Six]
Old 03-24-2002, 01:19 PM   #8
Lavindathar
Harper

Quote:
Originally posted by SecretMaster:
She has a tasty nut and acorn collection!

[ 03-24-2002, 01:20 PM: Message edited by: Lavindathar ]
Old 03-25-2002, 07:26 PM   #9
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

True, true--the Squirrel Goddess is one of the best features in the game....but she's tricky to find, as you've got to be a true-class Druid, and have Minsc in your party.

("Look, Boo! Squirrels, I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!")

Just don't go asking her for Ioun Stones or anything......

[ 03-25-2002, 07:27 PM: Message edited by: SixOfSpades ]
Old 03-29-2002, 03:43 AM   #10
Katherine
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by SixOfSpades:
True, true--the Squirrel Goddess is one of the best features in the game...
See?? He knows it all when it comes to squirrels! Have you seen him with his squirrel familiar? Here's the picture:
http://members.aol.com/edeneuphonium/squirrel_god.jpg

All praise The Six and his squirrely goodness.