Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-20-2007, 03:16 PM   #1
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
Article here
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070120/...emocrats2008_1

I, for one, think it'll be interesting to see how this plays out. Personally, I feel an Obama-Clinton ticket would surely lead to victory, and I fear nothing less would for either of them.

And, all politics aside, I think Bill Clinton would make a fine First Gentleman. He's very good at having a big moony face and biting his lip in a sympathetic manner. What else do you need?

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Illumina Drathiran'ar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 03:40 PM   #2
PurpleXVI
Emerald Dragon

I'd rather have Clinton for president of the US than his wife, personally, I liked the man.
PurpleXVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 03:44 PM   #3
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Yea'll I saw that too. [img]graemlins/yawn.gif[/img]
Well to think of it, from being the Queen of the Arkansas DoubleWide, to the stint as The First Lady, now on the ticket as she's in, and in to win. Whats Next?

Obama or her will have to bow down to the other, like that's going to happen. Luckily though, neither of them has ever been in charge of anything, nor a governor, thankfully that is two hard strikes against them. Guess that Edwards fellow needs to pick up the pace. Then 'ol Rich down in New Mexico, he brings a different tune to the party. He has been in charge of something, and is a governor!

Sadly, there are no contenders from the other camp. Guess I should get to work on an ad campaign.

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Felix The Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 06:33 PM   #4
Havock
Dungeon Master

The democrats must be determined to lose!! In the history of the country there has never been a woman or an african american as president. So now with the approval ratings for republicans at an all time low, the dems are going to fumble the ball on a wide open field. Good job dummies!

I have nothing against either women or african americans, but history has proven that it is a losing ticket every time.

On a personal note, I would not vote for Hilary Clinton even if you paid me. If she can't keep her own husband from cheating on her, how in the 9 hells is she supposed to run the country??Not to mention that her own state didn't want her, so she had to come invade mine. I might dislike her less if she had a house upstate with the rest of the New Yorkers instead of in her exclusive community in the Hamptons. How can she represent the people if she has no idea what it's like to be one of them??

[ 01-20-2007, 06:34 PM: Message edited by: Havock ]

http://www.myspace.com/measuredingrey
Havock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 07:20 PM   #5
PurpleXVI
Emerald Dragon

So wait, you're saying that it's someone's own fault if their spouse cheats on them, not their spouse that's cheating scum? Did she somehow make it okay for him to cheat on her by not satisfying him right, or what?

I think you can hardly paint that as some flaw of hers.

And hey, if people never tried things just because they'd never worked before, there would never be black or women politicians. There has to be a first time for everything.

If you play politics entirely to "win," just to pander to what the public likes at the moment, you may as well leave. It shouldn't be about winning, it should be about getting someone competent with a desire to do good things for the people leading the nation.
Old 01-20-2007, 07:39 PM   #6
Havock
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by PurpleXVI:

If you play politics entirely to "win," just to pander to what the public likes at the moment, you may as well leave. It shouldn't be about winning, it should be about getting someone competent with a desire to do good things for the people leading the nation.
Well, if you want competent then Hillary is definately out. If you don't play to win then you will most assuredly lose. Think about it for a second, what will happen when the dems run the Obama/Clinton ticket and lose. If Jesse Jackson couldn't do it and Gereldine Ferraro couldn't do it what on earth makes you think that putting up a double losing ticket will do it? They will just lose twice as badly and condem us to 4 more years of cronyism, war and general stupidity running the country. The general populace is just as prejudice and sexist as ever. No amount of rose tinting and vaseline on the lense will change the cold hard facts of it. You may feel diffrently, but I wouldn't bet against Vegas on this one.

http://www.myspace.com/measuredingrey
Havock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 07:56 PM   #7
PurpleXVI
Emerald Dragon

If we play just to win, then we don't win, then we just get someone in who doesn't do jack, talks nothing but spin and just follows the poll numbers.

That doesn't get anyone anywhere, what gets change made are the people who don't give a damn about the poll numbers but do what they think is right instead.

A Democrat who wins by the "winning is what matters"-philosophy would be every bit as bad as the worst the Republicans can muster.

I'm not saying they have a good chance of winning, I'm just saying that it's a choice between a low chance of winning, where winning matters, or a high chance of winning where winning is just as bad as losing.
Old 01-20-2007, 09:41 PM   #8
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Well, the Republicans aren't taking themselves very serious either if you let Giuliani run for office, unless my information about his popularity among the masses has it all wrong.
Old 01-20-2007, 10:11 PM   #9
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Quote:
Originally posted by PurpleXVI:
So wait, you're saying that it's someone's own fault if their spouse cheats on them, not their spouse that's cheating scum? Did she somehow make it okay for him to cheat on her by not satisfying him right, or what?

I think you can hardly paint that as some flaw of hers.

And hey, if people never tried things just because they'd never worked before, there would never be black or women politicians. There has to be a first time for everything.

Set aside the word "cheat" and insert the words "value" "moral" and "ethical". Now place said candidate on the podium. Make way for the melting snowball.

There is a very well kept secret here in the US Mid-West. It's called the Midwestern farmer. He feeds thousands of people world wide, 2/3 of his crop is exported. When he votes, the state follows through. Tom, George, Bill, and Jethro ain't voting for no "darned woman politician"(Period). Nor are they likely to vote for a politician who has a name that cannot be pronounced easily, and does not sound like a derivative of the founding fathers.

I'm sure there are other states that will carry either of them, but the mid-west will not! The mid-west borders the West, except Colorado, they usually vote along conservative party lines as well. "Bubba" Bill offered a common ground, he was a Governor from the mid-west and gave them higher yields and more funding on bad years and lot'sa support! Hillary could not even get on her own state ballot, and had to invade a "Yankee" state to get into the Senate.

She has had the wool pulled way over her eyes, and Bill must be elsewhere to have allowed it to get this far!

BTW: I am a realist!

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Felix The Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 10:49 PM   #10
PurpleXVI
Emerald Dragon

Hey, sometimes you gotta dream, because dreams that have enough conviction behind them can be infectious. If you dream hard enough and bright enough, sometimes you can make other people dream that dream, too.

If we always stuck with realism, always went with the safe choice, we'd never have gotten anywhere.