Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2002, 07:53 PM   #1
Willard
Fzoul Chembryl

Have any of you read the book <u>The Folk Keeper</u> by Franny Billingsley ? I just read it this past weekend, and I think it is one of the greatest books I have ever read! It is real cool. Do read it if you get the chance. I can't wait to read <U>Well Wished</u>....
Old 10-13-2002, 09:45 PM   #2
Sir Krustin
Symbol of Cyric

Genre? Can you give us a thumbnail of the plot?
Old 10-14-2002, 02:50 AM   #3
Warhammer
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Krustin:
Genre? Can you give us a thumbnail of the plot?
According to these guys, it is children's book / Fairy Tale and it is not published yet (at least in Europe)
Old 10-16-2002, 09:00 PM   #4
Willard
Fzoul Chembryl

Of course it is published! And it's not a children's book! At least, I don't think so, but it might be......

Anyway, it's about this 15-year-old girl that pretends to be a boy so she can be a keeper of the folk. Folk are nasty, rotten creatures that feed on living things like crops, milk, animals, etc. And without a Folk Keeper to keep them under control, they can wreak havoc on villages and cities. So she does that, and then some old dude wants to see her and he knows that she's a girl. All sorts of things happen after that. It's cool, but very easy to read.

[ 10-16-2002, 09:04 PM: Message edited by: Willard ]