Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2004, 06:47 PM   #21
Sparhawk
Quintesson

*siiiiiigh* I am really in the need for a console....I´ve always relied on my PC but as a trekkie...and a HUGE fan of FR setting this is a MUST....

The only bad thing I have to say about Atari is that they choose to sell some titles as console only...that sux for me...especially since I hate joypads *LOL*
"Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the rise of the sons of Arius. There was an age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world. Hither came Conan, the cimmarian, sword in hand. It is I, his chronicler who knows well his saga. Now let me tell you of the days of high adventure!"

"Unleash the Casey!"

"Make no mistake, should you choose to test my resolve in this matter, you will be looking at an outcome that will have a finality, that is beyound your comprehension. And you will not counting the days or the months or the years, but milleniums in a place with no doors!"
Sparhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 08:28 PM   #22
vesselle
Hathor

Smiley

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
Atari is PUBLISHING it guys.. they published NWN too, and it's fun!

BUT... Stormfront Studios DID make Pools of Radiance II.. and THAT sucked.
well, as hideous as POR2 was, you can't blame it on Stormfront. they were something like the third game design company to work on that title. in fact, about all they did was apply last minute bandaids, to get it out the door at the publisher's insistence. of course, doing that admittedly caused way more problems than they solved.
i think the Pool of Poo's problems were due to Atari, who's shown how little they care about games over and over and over again.

V***V

[img]tongue.gif[/img] i'm more interested in playing the upcoming Dungeon Lords and A Bard's Tale (remake) anyway. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
i'm also definitely very sick to death of the forgotten realms and DnD/ADD gameplay.

[ 06-06-2004, 08:34 PM: Message edited by: vesselle ]
Old 06-07-2004, 07:54 AM   #23
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by vesselle:
quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
Atari is PUBLISHING it guys.. they published NWN too, and it's fun!

BUT... Stormfront Studios DID make Pools of Radiance II.. and THAT sucked.
well, as hideous as POR2 was, you can't blame it on Stormfront. they were something like the third game design company to work on that title. in fact, about all they did was apply last minute bandaids, to get it out the door at the publisher's insistence. of course, doing that admittedly caused way more problems than they solved.
i think the Pool of Poo's problems were due to Atari, who's shown how little they care about games over and over and over again.

V***V

[img]tongue.gif[/img] i'm more interested in playing the upcoming Dungeon Lords and A Bard's Tale (remake) anyway. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
i'm also definitely very sick to death of the forgotten realms and DnD/ADD gameplay.
[/QUOTE]I'm tired of hearing "you can't blame them". I DO blame them, because they MADE the game. If they knew it was half-arsed and full of bugs, they should have put their foot down, and told Atari "WE NEED MORE TIME". It seems that every crappy game released, the publisher is to blame.. I don't like publishers that much either, don't get me wrong, and I know they enforce release dates, but damn it, how many games do we see that are half-done, buggy as hell releases with game stopping bugs even! WE become the betatesters, or (with Temple of Elemental Evil, ALPHA testers) So blame them both!

BTW, Dungeon Lords and Bards tale will be the same--Action hack and slash. I was SHOCKED that D.W. Bradley is working on an action-oriented game this time. MUCH more consolized. ugh... The day of the true CRPG is nearly over.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote