Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast

Old 07-08-2003, 09:33 PM   #1
scottbw1
Welcomed New User

When returning back to candlekeep, I couldn't find Gorions room, so I couldn't read the scroll he left me. Does anyone know where I can find a transcript of the scroll. I have already saved farther in the game and cannot go back to read it. I have checked around the internet and only got a one sentence summary of the scroll and was wondering if anyone could help.
Thankyou
scottbw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 10:06 PM   #2
Halbarad1891
The Magister

SPOILER
This is what I found using Sword Coast Keeper, not sure if this is the message you're talking about.

"[Gorion's Note]Hello ,
If you are reading this, it means I have met an untimely death. I would tell you not to grieve for me, but I feel much better thinking that you would. There are things I must tell you in this letter that I might have told you before. However, if my death came too soon then I would have never been given the chance. First off, I am not your biological father, for that distinction lies with an entity known as Bhaal. The Bhaal that I speak of is the one you know of as a divinity. In the crisis known as the Time of Troubles, when the Gods walked Faerun, Bhaal was also forced into a mortal shell. He was somehow forewarned of the death that awaited him during this time. For reasons unknown to me, he sought out women of every race and forced himself upon them. Your mother was one of those women, and as you know, she died in childbirth. I had been her friend and on occasion, lover. I felt obligated to raise you as my own. I have always thought of you as my child and I hope you still think of me as your father. You are a special child. The blood of the Gods runs through your veins. If you make use of our extensive library you will find that our founder, Alaundo, has many prophecies concerning the coming of the spawn of Bhaal. There are many who will want to use you for their own purposes. One, a man who calls himself Sarevok, is the worst danger. He has studied here at Candlekeep and thus knows a great deal about your history and who you are.

Gorion"

Welcome to the forums!

[ 07-08-2003, 10:09 PM: Message edited by: Halbarad1891 ]
Halbarad1891 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2003, 05:17 PM   #3
scottbw1
Welcomed New User

I think that is the scroll found in his room at candlekeep.
Thankyou for your help.
scottbw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2003, 05:36 AM   #4
Lord Brass
Emerald Dragon

That's the scroll from Candlekeep.

BTW Welcome to the boards scottbw1!
Old 07-11-2003, 10:29 AM   #5
Myrddin L'argenton
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Brass:
That's the scroll from Candlekeep.

BTW Welcome to the boards scottbw1!
[img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img]
White wild magic graven in every rock, for the white gold wielder to unleash or control. The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant<br />\'Let no man be unworthy of the angel that watches over him.\' Steven Donaldson<br />Accept who you are.<br />Lord Paladin of the Most Noble Order of the Radiant Heart.<br />Walkthrough-online\'s new site<br />[url]\"http://forums.clankiller.com\" target=\"_blank\">http://forums.clankiller.com</a>
Myrddin L'argenton is offline   Reply With Quote