Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast

Old 12-18-2004, 06:52 PM   #1
Yrademord
Elite Waterdeep Guard

SPOILER
SPOILER
Just started my first solo through BG and, arriving at Nashkel Carnival, I decided to use my one and only Master Thievery potion to see what was in the "purple and red potion merchant's" two locked chests. Nice potions, lots of money and off I went outside. I then wasn't sure I'd picked up everything, so back I go. The chests are locked again! So, I open both of them and there are all the goodies again! Grab it all, go out of the tent and go back in. Chests locked and again full, etc, etc, etc.

Luckily I'd done a full save before starting this because, although the infinite dosh and potions (well for as long as the potion lasts, anyway) are a Godsend, "it's hardly cricket" now is it chaps? Having over 30,000GP at the start of the game might be a bit of a distortion.....

Has anyone else found this oddity?

Yrademord
Old 12-18-2004, 08:34 PM   #2
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

Can't say I have. Are you patched? Soloing doesn't require cheating for money anyways, you get plenty as it is
Old 12-19-2004, 06:56 PM   #3
Yrademord
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Yep, I'm patched. The oddity vanished after a quicksave so I guess it may have been a hiccup in the program as when I started the map again it didn't repeat itself and I've been able to proceed normally.

Yrademord
Old 12-20-2004, 05:39 PM   #4
Azred
Drow Priestess

Question Mark

Did you quicksave inside or outside the tent?

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote