Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2001, 08:39 PM   #1
slaytan
Welcomed New User

Is there a Bank or something where I can secure things and money?
Thanks
slaytan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2001, 09:06 PM   #2
ULockit I Stealit
The Magister

If you want a loan, I can gladly loan you a few gold pieces at nominal Interest. [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img]

JK, I am on Chapter 4 and have yet to come across anything like that other than shops and temples that will just sell you stuff.

Good Luck, and welcome. [img]graemlins/bonghit.gif[/img]
Old 12-11-2001, 09:08 PM   #3
huma
The Magister

I don,t think you can store money anywhere.Any item, armor, weapons, potions etc etc you can use a shelf,treasure chest or even a barrel found anywhere in the game.Just find one and start emptying your inventory in it.You can then go to your map screen and add an icon with a description overtop of it so you don,t forget.I would suggest placing your inventory in said container/shelf etc somewhere that is easily accesable,or somewhere you go often.Once you receive your characters stronghold I usually store all me extra Items somewhere in there.
Old 12-11-2001, 11:59 PM   #4
Jerhal
Dungeon Master

I usually drop quest stuff in the Adventurers Mart. Keys, scrolls, stakes, holy symbols. They always seem to be there when I come back. I havn't left anything important though. Also if you get a keep you can leave stuff there to pick up later.

If you do leave stuff for later pick up, keep in mind some places you can't get back to later once you complete the area. Like the Asylum, and Nalia's keep if you are not a fighter.
Old 12-12-2001, 12:19 AM   #5
LennonCook
Jack Burton

You can get back to Nalias Keep if your not a fighter, by using the same door you used to get in in the first place. Just because the guy SAYS he wont let you back in, doesnt mean you wont get back in. The thing with the keep is though (and this goes for all strongholds) it will be cleared out of items you didnt get if you accept it as you stronghold.
And where to store things- 1. NO need to put gold anywhere, it cant get stolen and it takes up no weight or room in ur inventory.
2. Things taking up room iin ur inventory can be stored in any chest, shelf etc. you come across, as long as you know ul be able to get back there. And (slightly [img]graemlins/offtopic.gif[/img] ) just drop things such as leather armour and quarterstaffs (both only if UNENCHANTED). because they are worth nothing. INfact, only keep unenchanted things of they are jewelery- its usually worth a little bit, bu weapons are usually worth very little, if anything. But if you do want to sell things, anywhere u can put them is secure- they wont get stolen.
LennonCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2001, 12:24 AM   #6
Jerhal
Dungeon Master

Hmmm. My last game I coudn't get back into Nalia's keep. The drawbridge was up and it wouldn't let me enter through the secret passage. Though I didn't try too hard, I had everything. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-12-2001, 12:32 AM   #7
Lord Ludtke
Zhentarim Guard

Since you will be selling and buying alot at the Adventure's Mart, store your stuff on that 1st shelf on the second level. I mean, really, they give you part of Equalizer 6 chapters before you can construct it. You can't be expected to carry everything around.

The game has a pretty good memory for where you left stuff(there is still a scroll that I didn't want in the middle of town from over 40 days ago) so you won't lose anything and people don't steal it.
Old 12-12-2001, 03:37 AM   #8
Whailor

I personally use the 1 bookcases or cupboards in Adventurer's Mart, the ones which are right behind Ribald. They will not like you touch anything else, but these 2 are the ones about what he doesn't care if you use. And so I have used those. Have 'em pretty stocked up with goodies
Old 12-12-2001, 04:39 AM   #9
Anarion

quote:
Originally posted by Lord Ludtke:
Since you will be selling and buying alot at the Adventure's Mart, store your stuff on that 1st shelf on the second level. I mean, really, they give you part of Equalizer 6 chapters before you can construct it. You can't be expected to carry everything around.

The game has a pretty good memory for where you left stuff(there is still a scroll that I didn't want in the middle of town from over 40 days ago) so you won't lose anything and people don't steal it.

Is that DEFINATE that people dont steal stuff, cos my party are a bit laden down with stuff I dont want to sell.