Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 11-16-2006, 04:41 PM   #1
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
I'm doing some searching for those adventurers that owe Mozah in Highcliff money, and i think i found them in the Highcliff Ruins, together with a Shadow Priest and some other shady dude, except they are now zombies. My guess is that the priest put a spell on them, or killed them and then turned them into undead.

Anyway, i don't have any options whatsoever to initiate a dialogue, let alone skip the whole talking part and go right to butchering them on the spot, and i'm pretty sure that's what's supposed to happen. Is this a known bug or am i missing something here ?

Btw...this is my second run through NWN2, and i don't recall this happening the first time. Can anyone tell me what went wrong here ?
Old 11-16-2006, 07:28 PM   #2
Callum
Symbol of Cyric

With me, they attacked and I killed them, and then one of them had an item, "Mozah's Backpay", that I could loot afterwards. Simple enough [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-16-2006, 08:05 PM   #3
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Callum:
With me, they attacked and I killed them, and then one of them had an item, "Mozah's Backpay", that I could loot afterwards. Simple enough [img]smile.gif[/img]
Yeah, simple enough, but not if you have no dialogue and no attack options. This is one sidequest that cannot be completed in my case.
Old 11-16-2006, 08:10 PM   #4
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Didn't happen to me - there's a cutscene that's supposed to happen before the priest attacks. Then the zombies drop the loot, as Callum said.

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 08:40 PM   #5
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
I'm doing some searching for those adventurers that owe Mozah in Highcliff money, and i think i found them in the Highcliff Ruins, together with a Shadow Priest and some other shady dude, except they are now zombies. My guess is that the priest put a spell on them, or killed them and then turned them into undead.

Anyway, i don't have any options whatsoever to initiate a dialogue, let alone skip the whole talking part and go right to butchering them on the spot, and i'm pretty sure that's what's supposed to happen. Is this a known bug or am i missing something here ?

Btw...this is my second run through NWN2, and i don't recall this happening the first time. Can anyone tell me what went wrong here ?
FOr me, there was a cut scene and at the end they all went hostile. I found the backpay and even though I didn't see Mozah BEFORE i went to the ruins, I was able to complete his quest when I got back.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 09:34 PM   #6
Callum
Symbol of Cyric

***Some spoilers perhaps***

Oh. I've had cutscenes not happen a couple of times now. Once in some sort of mountain pass after one of the orc caves, where the paladin is meant to show up. The first time I defeated all the orcs, and he never came, and couldn't leave.

Also, the blade golem wouldn't escape at 0 hit points in the githyanki lair in the Merchant's Quarter, so I had to run around with an immortal blade golem chasing me.

In both cases, reloading was the only option. In the case of the blade golem, reloading about 10 times. :S
Old 11-17-2006, 10:56 AM   #7
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
I had no cutscene, so there you have it. all that happens is that the shadow priest is just standing there, surrounded by the zombies, and he's casting a bunch of spells, as if he's teaching the zombies a couple of neat tricks.
Old 11-17-2006, 01:29 PM   #8
Callum
Symbol of Cyric

I'm assuming you've left the room and come back in?

A reload is probably the only thing that'll help, as you can't actually harm anything not hostile to you in the game (apart from your own party members). Or at least, so it appears.
Old 11-17-2006, 03:22 PM   #9
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
I left the room and came back several times, i even left the building (no pun intended)

Anyway, i don't think this will harm the mainquest in the long run, i just killed one shadow priest less. I already moved on to Neverwinter, but it doesn't sit right if you know what i mean.
Old 11-17-2006, 03:37 PM   #10
Stuie
Elite Waterdeep Guard

There's something flaky about that cut scene. It triggered for me when I got near the door, but my character was pushed back down the hallway about 10 feet three times before it would trigger. Weird.
Stuie is offline   Reply With Quote