Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 03-18-2001, 03:19 AM   #1
Dragon Poop
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I can beat the flesh one in 2nd chapter with magical blunt weapons but not the others....help!!!
thank you
Old 03-18-2001, 03:28 AM   #2
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

SPOILER:
>
>
>
>
>
>
Are you attacking them one-by-one (assuming you are still talking about Nalia's keep)? If you are, you should not have too much difficulty. Anyways, for stone golem you will need +2 or better weapon to hurt them, for iron (I am NOT sure about this) I think you need +3 or better. It would be good if you have the +3 Blade of Rose, +3 Lilarcor (talking sword) and +3 Stone Fire (axe), you should be able to obtain these in the beginning of the game.
If you really cannot beat them, then just "grab and run".

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 03-18-2001, 09:37 AM   #3
Charean
Hathor

A couple of alternatives:

Melf's Minute Meteors will *eventually* take down the iron golem. Memorize quite a few... I am assuming you want the experience points.

If the XP isn't that important... cast Sancuary on a character and grab your stuff... they won't do anything but go *red*.

If you look up in the D&D monster manuals, they give you a lot of info on what does damage to what monsters... they are wonderful to have for this game. You may even find the info online.

------------------

Defender for the Light -
Goodness knows there is a lot of Dark out there!! - Where are my matches?
Wandering Joke of the Laughing Hyenas
Old 03-18-2001, 09:42 AM   #4
Wookie
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Another solution:

Steal the warhammer, identify it and equip it to anyone who has a proficiency slot dedicated to warhammers. Its good for taking down the big boys...
Old 03-18-2001, 09:50 AM   #5
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Spoiler for the Golems in Nalia's place
If your weapons are not up to the Iron Golem:
.Do NOT click on the pillars one after another, do NOT attack the Golems first.
Ideally, have your thief wear boots of speed. Keeping most of the rest of your team on the other side of the door, place your best fighter/s just inside of it, but not blocking the door. Send your Thief to open the pillar closest to the Golems and have him/her run back to the door, with the goodies. Two of the Golems will chase you, and may get to the door before your thief, but your fighters can take them out.... Crushing weapons are better than sharp ones.
When dead, do again with the next pillar (save before each foray, in case I got the order wrong). The final pillar wakes up the Iron Golem. Have Thief race for the door and get your fighters to distract the Golem away from the door and kill the other one. When Thief has exited with goodies, get the fighters out and leave the Iron Golem in there. It can't get out!
Long live hack & BASH, lol!
F.