Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2001, 01:57 AM   #1
Brothe J
Elite Waterdeep Guard

The Creature (Aec'Letec) Summoned by a priestess in the basement of the Cults Headquarters in Ulgoth's Beard after Durlag's Tower is kickin' my butt!!!

Can this creature be killed or do you kill the priestess before she summons him???

How do you kill him??? and what Weapons/spells do you use???
Brothe J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2001, 11:30 AM   #2
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

You cannot stop the summoning. After he has come, you must first kill all of the priests. If there is one priest left, and you kill the demon, the demon will take the body of the remaining priest and ressurrect.
I used a staff of polymorph to quickly disable the priests' powers, then quickly wiped them out. The ones that saved vs. polymorph got to meet Minsc and his sword while all of the others were running around, occasionally firing off arrows, etc. at the monster. When the Priests went down, I could concentrate on the demon. I spread my party out all over the place, and just played hit and run with him.

------------------

Devoted member of the Ironworks
Loyal guardian of the OHF
Member of the Ancients' club
Faith beset in The Rocks
(they show the way, you know...)
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2001, 02:40 PM   #3
Lioness
Jack Burton

I had my party whoop up on the priests while Minsc and my f/m distracted big baddy and I gave them Minor Globes of Invulnerability. BIG Help!

------------------

Sword Saint of the HADB Clan
Waitress and entertainer at Cloudy's Cafe
Lil' Angel
Lioness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2001, 02:44 PM   #4
Albromor
Mephistopheles

I agree with Larry about spreading your party out and taking out the priests. I also would suggest oil of speed for as many of your characters as possible. Bask and slash away on that priestess babe and his other minions. I would also suggest Monster Summoning because it really interfers with that demon.
Albromor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2001, 04:58 PM   #5
Xanthul
Symbol of Cyric

I dont think that monster summoning really helps a lot, coz Aec´Letec is pretty smart and doesnt use the gazes with summoned minions, only with party characters. Id suggest having a couple of tanks, equipped with potions of healing, fight the priests using melee, while the rest of the party uses arrows. Have at least 2 characters memorize dispel, so that they can dispel the gaze (for this reason its not worth using strenght, haste, or any other spells or potions in your party, they´ll wear off with the dispel). When you finish the priests, just go for the demon.

Other people likes using lots of fireballs, wands of fire, and arrows of detonating to kill the priests quickly.

------------------
"Sigh" -Ertai, Captive of the Blinding Angel
Xanthul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2001, 01:46 PM   #6
DEADMAN
Manshoon

Damn! you could kill the priests.

I spent the game with summoned creatures to block the beast while I pounded on him with my fighters while my mages dispelled his spells and casted magic missiles. It took me forever because I constantly had to run out to heal up and memorize spells when I could of knocked out some measly little priests who just stood there, God I feel stupid.

DEADMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2001, 12:26 AM   #7
Brothe J
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I Defeated the Prestess by, imedately after entering the basement shot her with multiple arrows before she had a chance to talk, and the beast was never summoned!!! So do I continue, or is it in my best interest to start back before I entered the basement and defeat him?????

(I have tried several times to defeat the demon but never could bring him down. Any tips on different strategies???)
Brothe J is offline   Reply With Quote