Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-2003, 04:13 PM   #1
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

I am soloing a F/M/T.-10/11/12...I am doing the Cult Of The Eyeless Quest.You now the place where is a city of Mummies.Where there is a NASTY LICH.He also summons an Fire Elemental,Skeleton Warriror(s),Magical Sword,ADHW...

Any sggestions would be appriciated.
Thanx in advance.

oh and I am Playing On Insane and Tactics Mod

Cheers [img]smile.gif[/img]
Xen

[ 03-04-2003, 04:19 PM: Message edited by: Xen ]
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2003, 04:51 PM   #2
Dar'tanian
Red Wizard of Thay

If your a theif lay some traps were he will be and keep casting dispell magic and breach spells so you can hit him with your weapons. If you have TOB installed dragon breath works well and you may need to wait an lvl up to gain this ability, you can also cheat and leave the room and let him waste his spells??!!
Old 03-04-2003, 05:26 PM   #3
Annatar
Mephistopheles

Xen, I'm not being an ass about it but... I 2 have the Tactics mod installed and did not know about any lich in the Unseeying Eye Quest, because I did not visit it...

Just a reminder that MODS also need a spoiler tag... [img]smile.gif[/img]

About the lich, I find them pretty freaking nasty in the Tactics mod.

But what about the ultimate cheese mace?

you are only a level 11 mage, so you don't have any level 6 spells available.. (liches need level 6 spells or higher, they are immume to level 1 - 5)
Thats to bad....
Old 03-04-2003, 05:44 PM   #4
Brennihelvete

Hmm fighting a lich on that lvl in Tactics MOD sounds like an bad idea IMO...
I havent faced a lich yet, in tactics MOD, but I know theyre allot smarter. If you cast protection from Magical energy(from a scroll) he will probably dispel it at once. But if you had spell immunity->abjuration? Then you could gain some time to take him out...however I dont know how you will do that [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-04-2003, 06:00 PM   #5
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

If you're able to deflect his spells or if you have something that will absorb them, then it's blue skies from there. Usually, a Cloak of Mirroring, Spell Deflection, or Spell Turning will usually work. And like Dar'tanian said, if you have a theif, lay down some basic traps to nail him. But here is the best combo to battle a lich that I've found good.

1. Throw up any Spell Deflection... spells.
2. Use Spell Trap
3. If you have a high level priest or Daystar, use Sunray.
4. Also, any Invisibility or Santuary spells may also help.
Gangrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2003, 06:02 PM   #6
Link
Jack Burton

The Lich is there be you in or out of the Tactics mod Annatar. But I agree with what you say. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Goal: Beijing 2008
Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2003, 07:56 PM   #7
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Xen is Soloing a F/M/T, and he is low-level. He will never have access to Cleric spells, and he's got to wait a HELL of a long time for Dragon's Breath.

Xen, you took this quest too soon. It's a pain in the ass even for full parties of 6, without the Tactics MOD. You're really in for it now, because as I stated in Chapter 13 of Volothamp's Comeuppance, you have passed the point of no return. The only way out of here is through the lair of the Unseeing Eye itself.

If you have at least 2 slots each of Invisibility and Haste (you may need Non-Detection as well), you can still beat this quest after killing only the Unseeing Eye and a Gauth. Note that (barring any changes due to Tactics being installed) you are not required to kill the Unseeing Eye: You can still run away and come back later, although you *will* have to go forward in order to get back to safety.
Old 03-04-2003, 11:47 PM   #8
IronDragon
Elminster

I don’t have the tactics mod installed (I have a hard enough time staying alive as is thank you) but on my most recent trip through the city of the undead there was a lich present. Boy was I surprised!

The only way I found to beat him is to deal with the mummies first by sneaking up around the edges to attract the mummy’s attention but not the attention of Mr. Lich. Once there gone try to get him to trigger his spell defense and disappear fast so he wastes his time stop and his really good spells. Symbol Death is a nasty one BTW. I was fortunate in that I had a summon Hakeasar scroll. Casting this helped a lot as Mr. Lich went after the Hakeaser and let the rest of my crew go after him.
Old 03-05-2003, 02:38 AM   #9
Annatar
Mephistopheles

Quote:
Originally posted by Link:
The Lich is there be you in or out of the Tactics mod Annatar. But I agree with what you say. [img]smile.gif[/img]
I am just beginning with the Tactics Mod, so I did not even accepted the Quest... thats why I said that he should put a spoiler tag on it.
Because now I know I should be ever watchfull before entering that place...
But it is not that a big spoil but... just something I wanted to light out.

I still say ''what is wrong with the cheesy ''nock-undead-with-one-blow-death'' mace? Okay they mostly cast protection from Magic weapons... but that can be counterd with euh... I'm just out of bed... so never mind me [img]smile.gif[/img]