Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-2005, 02:59 PM   #1
Adamo
Dungeon Master

I was in the second part of the palladin duties to get the stronghold (helping the Baron in the Umar Hills with the unrest from the farmers)and I spoke to the Baron before chatting with the farmers. I told the Baron that I would side with him and then I realized that I should have actually spoke to the farmers first and then spoke to the Baron about it. Anyway, I'm now unable to retrace my steps and talk with the farmers and then talk to the Baron again. I want to try to get this part of the quest right. I went into NearInfinity to try and fix things for me and I'm a little confused. I saved the game right after I told the Baron that I would side with him and the settings in the save game are as follows:

paladinorder=1
paladinplot=10
paladinstartbattle=1
playerhasstronghold=1

So far, I changed the 'paladinplot' line to '=0' and then '=1' but this got me nowhere (in the game 'Baron has nothing to say to me')

Can anyone figure this one out?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

thanks

adam
Adamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 03:22 PM   #2
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

My advice is to load up the Save file that you haven't edited, accept the fact that you made a mistake, and move on. Perhaps it's not fatal to the Stronghold quests, anyway.
Old 01-15-2005, 09:27 PM   #3
timothy trotter
Drizzt Do'Urden

there has to be a better explaination than this, try talking to each again and yet again, it cant help, i think when i didi it i told him i would side with him, then talked to the farmers then told them to go home or something like that...
Old 01-15-2005, 11:37 PM   #4
Brainless One
Zhentarim Guard

I had that happen to me, but that either stopped my progress in the paladin stronghold, or the fact that I had killed Firkraag before they told me to did. Either way, I know my superior was greatly displeased that I had sided with the baron, even though I didn't have a choice not to...
-Brainless One
Brainless One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 11:26 AM   #5
Adamo
Dungeon Master

if I do decide to forget about the stronghold, does that affect the game at all. For instance, will I not be able to take part in certain quests because I pissed of the 'Order of the Radiant Heart'?
Adamo is offline   Reply With Quote