Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2002, 01:05 AM   #1
lollypop
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi- we just finished BG 1 and had a great time in multiplayer mode- my bf and I each took 3 characters and played the game together- each on our own computers. Can you help us find another game like this one to do that with? Huge Thanks! Loved the game until I realized the characters could not expand anymore- sort of took the challenge out of killing all the bad guys and picking up items. Didn't like hte fact either that we were able to finish the game without doing all the quests or areas- we got to Kill the bad guy at the the end without ever finishing the rest of the map (altho this was not our intention)
lollypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2002, 04:47 AM   #2
Darkman

You could try Icewind Dale. It's the same style of game as Baldur's Gate and you are supposed to make your own party from scratch (no NPC's) so it should lend itself to your style of game play.
Old 01-26-2002, 08:46 AM   #3
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

If you have already played both BG1 and the TotSC expansion, then I agree with Darkman - buy Icewind Dale and the Heart of Winter expansion and then download the free expansion Trials of the Luremaster.

The main difference between IWD and BG1 is that IWD has NO npcs that will join your party.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2002, 12:19 PM   #4
The Dark

Baldurs Gate II (Shadows of Amn) with the Throne of Bhaal (official expansion) added. Import your BG1 char's and carry on the saga.

[ 01-26-2002: Message edited by: The Dark ]

Old 01-26-2002, 01:13 PM   #5
Lemernis
Drizzt Do'Urden

BG2 and Icewind Dale, as already mentioned.

If they have it up to speed by the targeted (not yet official) release date Neverwinter Nights will be out in late March. I expect it will be more like ealry summer, but it's anyone's guess at this point. NWN promises to blow us all out of our socks.