Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-23-2000, 08:05 AM   #1
carg
The Magister

You activate the lamp of Alababa by using it on someone. Both user and target may not have been the recipient of a wish.
The genie Argus gives you six choices. This is what they do:
Weapon - recieve 'Sword of Argus' (min. str. 12; dam 6 - 20; special: death strike; enchant +2 hit +2; tough 75%; 10 Lbs), which is usable by all who may use a sword.
Ability - raise all attributes +1 (max. 24)
Power - gain trait 'Arms of Argus', increasing damage done with hand weapons
Armor - recieve 'Chain of Argus' (chainmail AC 4.8; tough 75%; special: regen +1; 12 Lbs)
Health - gain 25 hitpoints
Ward - recieve 'Amulet of Argus' (AC +2; all 9 saves + 20%; cast Merlin's Shield (3x) )

This is how you cheat with it (with patch installed):
- Normally you may use it 3 times. But if you drop it directly after using it you can keep using it.
- Neither user nor target may have been the recipient of a wish. But after rubbing it you can switch to a character who already has it's wish, and another wish will be granted.
- To give your last characters his/her wishes too, you'll need to import two other characters in your party, preferably freshly created for this purpose (in Valeia). Then they can keep rubbing for each other, while your normal characters recieve the wishes (see above).
(While you're at it you might take these characters with you to Ishad N'Ha as mules for storing equipment at the inn. Cast create portal just outside Ishad to return quickly from Valeia.)

(If nobody disputes the info above, I'll send it to the hints section of the W&W story archive.)
carg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2000, 08:56 AM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Most excellent, carg!!!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2000, 02:56 PM   #3
Elowin
Welcomed New User

I've never seen a CRPG so ripe with exploiting bugs. It is very interesting reading.

Do either of you know if anyone is working on a trainer that will toggle and freeze hit points during a battle?

I haven't needed to use a mule--I just leave items on the ground outside a city gate. These are items I can't sell--items I can sell or give to a shop I let them hold for me. But dying when overwhelmed is tough and has stopped my game progress twice now while I discover the hard way the strategies to get through these battles.

BTW, the fire bombs the miners carry and cause damage to our party with in the Stout Mines that we pick up after a fight when "identified" show that they do zero damage--not very fair if you ask me--they hurt us but we can't use them again them?

And why, whenever an identified item is dropped such as the Writ to enter the Mines, does it loose its identification?

Thanks.
Elowin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2000, 03:25 PM   #4
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Elowin - haven't heard of any trainer that freezes hit points.

There are lots of reasons to gripe about the identification or lack there of items but I found these minor (and sometimes miner in the case of their bombs. After a while there was just a lot of junk that I never even bothered to pick up. I probably missed something nice along the way, but it saved me a lot of frustration so worth it!

Which monsters are giving you the most trouble? Maybe we can help with strategies. What levels/class are your characters? What spells are you using in battles?

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2000, 04:16 PM   #5
carg
The Magister

Trainer - nope, I only know of one 9999 hp trainer, but read somewhere it doesn't work with the patch. (Wasn't it in a mail of a certain Elowin?)
Leaving items outside the city: I once left a bunch of nice equipment and some puzzle items on the west side of Ishad N'Ha, but when I came back the puzzle items remained but the equipment was gone. So now I use a mule. (I called him Donkey.)
About the bombs: attacking with them might cause 0 damage, but when they explode the mirror a spell effect (flamestrike I guess) that does damage. Only that isn't listed on the item. But those bombs are quite valuable: they cost only one inventory slot but sell for quite some money. (This is esp. useful if you play with only 3 characters (= 3 inventories), like I do now.)
carg is offline   Reply With Quote