Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-22-2003, 08:06 PM   #1
Masklinn

*Contain Spoiler --- Don't read any further if you don't want to be badly spoiled!*
* You have been warned

Help !

I am in the 1st down level of Durlag's tower where you have to solve the riddles of Love, Fear, Avarice and Pride.

When you solve the riddles you have to kill the 4 of them.

I managed to got them 1 by 1. Love, Pride and Avarice were doable but Fear hits like a mad man ! He hits for around 25 each time and my main tank (Misnc) only have 50.

I tried web but he resists it everytime.
I tried to summon some little friends but he gets through them like it was hot butter.

Do you guys have any hint(s) ? [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 01-22-2003, 08:08 PM: Message edited by: Masklinn ]
Old 01-22-2003, 08:21 PM   #2
Lavindathar
Harper

Dude, what level are you?

When I went in there, I had already completed BG1, so was seriously up for some ass kicking. But i still found that fight quite hard!

Just cast the usual Bless, Defensive Harmony etc, summon minions, stealth Cloudkill etc!
Old 01-23-2003, 06:30 AM   #3
Grungi
Banned User

okay if you cant beat him the usual way then heres the way i tried , which even works for low levels, first send in someone who is fast (boots of speed preferably or hasted) then trigger the speech but only at the maximum range you can, then run off, the traps automatically trigger and will kill one of the 4 dwarves AND hurt badly the nastiest one, two will come after you but your party should be able to take those two easily, whatever you do lead them back to the stairs, that way you get plenty of spells off and can always retreat if in trouble (come back after resting) for the final guy the spells should have worn off and will have hurt him alot, now if you still think hes too tough for you then take your speedy char and spell him up with as many thinks will save vs spell, damage resistances and esp fire res and lightning res, then run straight down that trap alley to the kitchen, the dwarf will follow you incinerating himself in the process, whilst you skip merrily by [img]smile.gif[/img] if the first run doesnt kill him turn around and lead him through again [img]smile.gif[/img]
Grungi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2003, 09:55 AM   #4
Framon
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Yeah, he was really tough . What I did was have my my party well back so he couldn't see them , then had my cleric ( Branwen ) cast raise dead in front of my the party . Then I had a fighter with boots of speed go round the skeletons untill the dwarf could see him , then run back round the skeletons to rejoin the party . The dwarf would attack the skeletons while i had the whole party using best range weapons on him . As the skeletons were nearly finished , had my clerics cast another raise dead, and my mage summon monsters . These all kept him well away from my party while they just kept firing at him.
Good Luck
Framon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2003, 12:23 PM   #5
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

If your having this much trouble with these Dwarfs then maybe you should go do some other quests and then come back because the tuff guys are still ahead.
and then the really tuff ones follow so good luck!
Old 01-28-2003, 08:15 AM   #6
Jan

Sounds like a hard battles ahead.

Not looking forward to that. Got a nasty beating first time I tried my luck but I'll be stronger when I return to D's Tower.

[ 01-28-2003, 08:15 AM: Message edited by: Jan ]