Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2003, 10:21 PM   #1
Shotgun
Manshoon

Okay, I figured out why my mage couldn't cast spells (was wearing armor), but now I don't know why I can't Quick Save? I've played BG2 and am partway through IWD, and quick save's always the same. If you screw up or die, you can go back to your quick save file and start the game again. I do make general saves every so often, but rely on the quick saves. In BG1, though, I make the quick saves, the game says I've done it, but if a character dies and I try to load the game again, there are no quick saved games in the file menu. What's with that? What's the point of quick saving if you can't access the files?? I'm so frustrated, can someone tell me what's going on? Is this normal? [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img]
Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 12:17 AM   #2
Pirengle
Symbol of Cyric

Question is, are you playing BG1 or BGT? IIRC, there's no quicksave in BG1.
Old 11-10-2003, 04:34 AM   #3
InsaneBane
Baaz Draconian

In BG1 the game will autosave whenever you leave a map. In addition you can hit the 'q' key to quick save.

When you try to load your quick saved game, have you tried to scroll up the list? The quick save game and the autosave game are normally the two first entries in the list, while your other saved games are listed below. Eventhough your normally saved games are really old, the screen will always show the bottom of the lists of saved games, when you want to load a game.

[img]graemlins/greenbounce.gif[/img]
Insane
Old 11-10-2003, 08:36 AM   #4
Shotgun
Manshoon

Yup, I've installed ToSC, and can press the "q" button to quick save. When I go to my list of saved games, though, neither the Auto-Save nor the Quick Save games are there. Can I reinstall ToSC again without uninstalling the whole game? I've already done it three times, and really don't want to do it again if possible!
Old 11-12-2003, 04:18 AM   #5
InsaneBane
Baaz Draconian

Have you manually moved/copied directories to your saved game folder? I think the autosave and the quicksave game folders must have some special names.

[img]graemlins/greenbounce.gif[/img]
Insane
Old 11-13-2003, 08:48 AM   #6
Shotgun
Manshoon

I ended up reinstalling again, and that seemed to work. Not quite sure what's going on, but hopefully the problems are over. Thanks everyone.