Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-2006, 03:20 PM   #1
kroma
Dungeon Master

Hi,
At what point of the game is Cloakwood is supposed to appear on the map?
No matter what I do (ive been everywhere) it just doesnt appear on the map.
Ive played the game before and never had this problem, have I forgotten something or is this a known bug?
Thanks!
Old 01-04-2006, 03:59 PM   #2
Roboghost
Manshoon

Light Bulb

Pulled this from a walkthrough [source: dudleyville]:

After talking with Officer Vai in Beregost [Ch.3], you can
1. Head to Coast Way and find Deke. Kill his four men, but spare him and he will spill the location of the Camp.

OR

2. Head to Peldvale and find Raiken and chat with him with a character of 15+ strength.

OR

3. Head to Larswood and find Teven and also chat with him with a character of 15+ strength.

If you go with (1) then the bandits will attack you on sight, but option (2) or (3) could get to wonder the Camp freely.

Don't forget to take a nap 1st to get your PC's special ability number 4 after chapter 4 kicks in!

Oh, yea...and finish the Bandit Camp routine. That part slipped me mind.

[ 01-04-2006, 06:26 PM: Message edited by: Roboghost ]
Roboghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 04:34 PM   #3
kroma
Dungeon Master

Thanks, Ill try your suggestions... but do you know what is meant by "Coast Way" ?
Old 01-04-2006, 06:22 PM   #4
ElfBane
Mephistopheles

Hmmmm, I believe the Cloakwood will not appear on your map until you have defeated Tazok in the Bandit Camp and searched the chests in his tent for the letters from his superiors.

Iraq and Afghan fatalities: 6,855 and counting. Silence IS consent.
ElfBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 07:05 PM   #5
Roboghost
Manshoon

Coast Way is land patch just south of Friendly Arm Inn.
Roboghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 08:36 PM   #6
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Roboghost:
Pulled this from a walkthrough [source: dudleyville]:

After talking with Officer Vai in Beregost [Ch.3], you can
1. Head to Coast Way and find Deke. Kill his four men, but spare him and he will spill the location of the Camp.

OR

2. Head to Peldvale and find Raiken and chat with him with a character of 15+ strength.

OR

3. Head to Larswood and find Teven and also chat with him with a character of 15+ strength.

If you go with (1) then the bandits will attack you on sight, but option (2) or (3) could get to wonder the Camp freely.

Don't forget to take a nap 1st to get your PC's special ability number 4 after chapter 4 kicks in!

Oh, yea...and finish the Bandit Camp routine. That part slipped me mind.
methods 2 and 3 are for finding the Bandit Camp, not the Cloakwood. Complete the Bandit Camp, go to Officer Vai, and talk to her. Sell her any bandit scalps that you have and she will mark the cloakwood on your map. Then you can head there. The area is just northeast of Candlekeep.

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 06:48 PM   #7
Azred
Drow Priestess

Question Mark

You need not kill anyone to have the Cloakwood maps appear. A little thievery and a quick escape from Tazok's tent will suffice. [img]graemlins/petard.gif[/img]

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote