Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Dungeon Craft - RPG Game Maker
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2002, 10:43 PM   #1
manikus
Jack Burton

i was reminiscing about the old gold box games. i was thinking back to the first time that i played secret of the silver blades. a cool feature was the demo combat at the beginning. is there any way to record a combat and play it back like that? or, was that even play back? sometimes, characters would go down in battle...was this just a battle where everything was under computer control?

i wouldn't mind being able to do something like this with dungeon craft...you could have flashbacks/dreams/predetermined battles. you can do all of these things with pics and storytelling, i suppose. but wouldn't it be cool if you could show them? it'd be really cool if one were to do some avi movie sequence...

this is not a feature that i think dungeon craft needs, it's more along the lines of 'wouldn't it be great if i were five years younger and looked a little more like brad pitt than homer simpson...'

just something to think about.

[ 03-21-2002, 10:44 PM: Message edited by: manikus ]
Old 03-22-2002, 12:34 PM   #2
foody
Manshoon

Dude, have you read my previous post requesting graphics?
I would like to thank you man sooooooooooooooooooooo much for creating the best maker in my life. IT KICK ASS!! * HUGS * Thank you soo much, thank you so much ^____^*.<p>I can hardly wait to see this program support onlining. Heheheh, imagine if online is supported ^^*.
foody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2002, 08:24 PM   #3
manikus
Jack Burton

foody:
yes, i have read your previous post requesting graphics. have you? lord killjoy responded to what you asked about. this post, though, is not about graphics but is, rather, about my desire to have the ability to replay combats.

all:
i was thinking it would be definitely cool if you could choreograph fight scenes...being able to decide what combatants move where and how much damage is done if and when blows are landed. course, there are ways to simulate this with text and damage events, but wouldn't it be cool...

as i'm writing this, i just thought of a way to implement what i'm talking about using the frame animation ability already in place. with this, i could even have all the participants moving around at the same time, and add special effects and everything! [img]smile.gif[/img]
(sometimes, i am so easy to amuse!)
Old 03-25-2002, 11:24 AM   #4
CocoaSpud
Zhentarim Guard

At this point the only way to show a pre-recorded combat scene as a title screen is to somehow capture it into an AVI movie.
Old 03-25-2002, 01:36 PM   #5
Lord Killjoy
Manshoon

TONS of print screen and and flash or gif animator then convert into a AVI. You could add text and highlights to it to give pointers and hints. That would take almost as much work as making a module though.
Old 03-26-2002, 09:36 AM   #6
Warlock
Dungeon Master

Hi guys

I was thinking of something along the line of the tour event, you know the one that goes step-by-step through a tour (like the original Phlan one) except modify this event/code whatever to do things one step at a time, kinda like scripting with BG for cut scenes but it would be a great thing to do for DC.

As an added thought, would the GPDL engine be capable of something like this?

Just a thought guys

Cheers

Warlock

[ 03-27-2002, 09:22 AM: Message edited by: Warlock ]
Old 04-22-2002, 12:01 PM   #7
CocoaSpud
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
I was thinking of something along the line of the tour event, you know the one that goes step-by-step through a tour (like the original Phlan one) except modify this event/code whatever to do things one step at a time, kinda like scripting with BG for cut scenes but it would be a great thing to do for DC.

As an added thought, would the GPDL engine be capable of something like this?
I'm not sure how to provide a way to script this type of title screen yet. The GPDL scripting might be the way to go. We can alter it to whatever we need.