Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2001, 05:19 AM   #1
Talryan
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ok, I've got most of it done now so I'm putting it on my site for download. I'm adding in the ability to add/change inventory items, but it's taking a while since there are a lot of items to type in for the lists. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

So far it works on .sav and .chr files (.chr files are the level 1 characters that are listed when you go to start a new game, changing these means you can start out at higher levels w/ better stats and such).

Download, enjoy, let me know what you think please.

http://perfectweb.org/wizardry.zip

Talryan
Talryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2001, 07:10 AM   #2
spoon
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Editors ruin the fun of the game. Finish it yourself or not at all [img]smile.gif[/img]

And besides they are EVIL... EEIIIVIL!

Read the notice on the site?

quote:
IF YOU HACK, YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Let us just say that there are ways of detecting a hacked save and we are forced to say that, should we get one of these, we will not repair it for you under any circumstance.

edit: fixed http:// x2 in the link

spoon
spoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2001, 08:08 AM   #3
Talryan
Elite Waterdeep Guard

No need to preach to the choir friend. I didn't write this for myself to use, I rarely find games I enjoy, so I try to enjoy the game as much as possible before "cheating". I just like programming and this was a good little exercise for me since I've never used VC++ before. And since I know a lot of people out there were wanting it, I created one that runs quickly and efficiently.

I've updated it to include adjusting exp now as well, the link to the file is the same though.

If you have any troubles with it, shoot me an e-mail, I included it in the zip file.

Tal
Old 12-05-2001, 09:01 AM   #4
Drakton
Elite Waterdeep Guard

What is cheating? Some say that saving and reloading is a form of cheat. For the purist this may be, but I have yet to see someone who finish a game without some form of saving and reloading. Now, if you use an editor to make your demi-god characters at the beginning of the game, that I consider the most rampant and direct form of cheating.
I've always said "Better cheat than quit", but if and when I cheat is because I honestly tried my utmost to finish the game in the normal way and I decide is beyond my limited patience to try to win that battle or solve that puzzle for the 101th time, or maybe is just a game I don't really care about and want to finish asap.
Of course, in the end, it's YOUR game and you can play it absolutely any way you want, and no one has the righ to criticize (sp?) you for it
Ð.
Old 12-05-2001, 11:58 AM   #5
spoon
Elite Waterdeep Guard

quote:
Originally posted by Drakton:

Of course, in the end, it's YOUR game and you can play it absolutely any way you want, and no one has the righ to criticize (sp?) you for it
Ð.

I thought I -did- have the right, free speach and all that. [img]graemlins/evillaughter2.gif[/img]

Oh well I always suspected other countries of supressing my rights. [img]graemlins/uhoh1.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/uhoh2.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]

ps i have to use this smiley [img]graemlins/jamesbond.gif[/img]

woo
spoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2001, 03:14 PM   #6
Jerry Austin
The Magister

High,
Im interested in your editor but didnt see your email address anywhere can you hook me up with it...id like to keep up on the newest version.
qwert
Old 12-05-2001, 07:20 PM   #7
Talryan
Elite Waterdeep Guard

email: netspyder101@yahoo.com

Look forward to hearing from you.

Jonathan
Old 12-05-2001, 11:53 PM   #8
gd2
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi all,
no particular reason for using that bug eyed emoticon btw, 'xept that it cracks me up. Anyway, cheating... [img]graemlins/2cents.gif[/img]

Even though Wiz8's an awesome game, the release of which I've waited a long time for, and though I wont be using any trainers or editors, still IMHO one shouldn't be chastized, looked down upon, etc, for cheating. If this were a MMUD maybe that'd make it different, but its single player.

Some people find they get the most fun or just the most out of a game by using editors or otherwise cheating, others dont have or aren't willing to spend the time needed to play without cheating. Lets at least acknowledge this much: whatever else games we like so much are, they're true wasters of precious time. So in a way, its not editors that are evil at all. Infact, in this light, an editor or anything that helps pry someone who's wasting the day away from the computer quicker is actually a kind of savior . Hmm... [img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img] Of course that only applies to all but yours truly [img]graemlins/funnysad.gif[/img] ...
Old 12-06-2001, 02:24 AM   #9
Knip Dyolf
The Magister

I agree gd2.
Its all a matter of choice. If someone needs an editor or cheat to make the game more enjoyable for them then good luck I say. These are games.....the word alone suggests FUN.
The people out there that take the time and effort to make editors, find cheats, write up walkthroughs and so on are godsends for those of us that need help.
When I first bought Zelda for the Nintendo system the only way I was able to progress through some parts of the game was to ring a help line and get charged some $1.00 a minute for some dude to hold my hand and sloooowlyyyy take me through to the next section. My phone bill was bigger than my mortage payments.
I am, at this stage, determined to play wiz 8 without any editor or cheat. I will be relying on this forum for any help. I have ruined, in my opinion, too many games using a cheat.
However, I thank say thank you to those people that take the time and effort to make editors, walkthroughs, etc. Your efforts are appreciated by many a gamer. [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]
\"Listen, strange women lyin\' in ponds distributin\' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony. \"<br />Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Knip Dyolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2001, 03:36 AM   #10
Talryan
Elite Waterdeep Guard

http://perfectweb.org/wizardry.zip

Ok, new version of the editor has been released, and the updates are as follows:

Ability to add/change any item in any of the 8 inventory slots

Ability to add/update the quantity or charges of any item in an inventory slot

Ability to change a characters race

Ability to change a characters sex

Current Exp now saves properly into the file

Program will now find any and all characters within the .sav file

If you have any questions, comments, complaints, PLEASE e-mail me and let me know. I'm going into Computer Science as a career, so I have to get used to listening to the input from the users of a program!

I'm just a squirrel trying to get a nut...oh wait, that's not it.

I just enjoy coding and playing around with various things, hence making the savegame editor.

Tal