Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2002, 07:35 AM   #1
J'aran
Mephistopheles

A lone Half-Orc stands on the top of a lonely hill, his waist-long black hair slightly stirred by the breeze. Dressed completely in black, he has a foreboding look about him, which is enhanced still by the spiked bracers and gauntlets he wears and the morningstar on his belt. A strange-looking lute, black, shaped like an upside-down V is strapped to his back.

"Build a clan headquarters," he mutters to himself in a deep, hoarse voice, "how am I to do that on my own? I'm a bard, a warrior, a musician. Not an architect. Nor a carpenter, a logger, or stonecutter."

He sits down on a rock and begins tuning his lute.

"Ack, guess I'll just have to wait untill the others arrive."
Old 01-11-2002, 08:24 AM   #2
LennonCook
Jack Burton

The newly come Elf raises his Left hand to reveal a silver Ring Which shines brighter than even his Staff which has now been laid beside him.
"now lets see, 3 paces North, 5 west.." The ring Suddenly lights up to even more brilliance, and the groung begins to shake. Slowly but surely an Ancient ilver palace with towers at each corner and a fitfth on top of the main keep in the centre, rises from the ground, and into the very air itself. "There we Go!! At least one of Merlins things still works properly"
He picks up his staff which was left lying on the ground beside him. As the ring fades to a low Silver hue, the Wizard whistles 3 times, suddenly a wooden Cariage, pulled by two Winged Silver horses comes hurrying towards him.
" To the palace with all haste! "
The pegusie rear up outside the closed gate. The Elf again raises his hand and the ring Glows brightly again.
" IN the Name of Merlin, I bid you to Open" suddenly, as if by some Magic (which this undoubtable is) the gates swing open and the Elf rides inside. He steps out of the cart, and the Pegusee fly off again to places unknown. The Elf then raises the Ring a third time, muttering "A bridge, a bridge, let me see now" Suddenly a great Stairway appears linking the palace to the Ground. The Elf again speaks, his voice Magically magnified.
" Behold now the Palace of Merlin, thought to be lost centruies ago. While these great gates are open, all are welcome!! "
Then the Wizard walks up to the inner moat, and the Great doors open for him. " I will be in my throne room in the center if I am needed. You there, Bard come up here. You are one of those in the Order, you are welcomed here above any others who come here. "
The Elf now stands watching the Sunset, his Silver robes and Golden Cloak blwing in the breeze, his silver wizard Hat blown clean off his head, his great rings, silver on his left hand and gold on his right, glow brighter than Ever,and his silvery hair remaining Still despite the Wind. He then raises his Staff if intertwined Silver and Gold, and conjures a Sphere of Silvery hue, too light the coming moonless night.
Old 01-11-2002, 09:49 AM   #3
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

As the pale sky sat overhead of the ethreal spires of the palace laying upon the rolling plains, a stirring breeze rose through the air the soul chilling bite of winter everpresent as it rode the wind. The cold aura of the sun shone balefully down on the gleaming silver of the palacial walls, the reflecting light a mere shadow of its former glory.
And as a shadow itself, a silent figure stood gazing down scornfully at the frail shining city of light before him. Eyes like blue ice glared from under arched brows, the face without having set on it a canine cast like that of a wolf. In his dull white armour the figure blended to the background, his body lost to the harsh weather in the surrounds.
"Enough of this.." harshly whispered the man in a dire voice.
With one smooth movement the man set off in a loping gait to the very gates that stood before him in their failed majesty, one more obstacle yet to pass on his way to conquest.
He reached the bridge marring his path to the palace and stopped dead in his tracks a look of utter contempt upon his face. With a quick violent stab the man thrust into the ground a lance formed from the icy wastelands, a flag flying defiantly from its end the picture of a wolven head overlaid on some sort of baked goods proclaiming the identity of the man.
And so his mark left upon the very earth of this clan, his buisness finished for now he dissapeared into the freezing blizzard which went as quickly as it had come.
The stark challange there for any to defy it.
Old 01-11-2002, 10:24 AM   #4
J'aran
Mephistopheles

The burly Half-Orc watches the wolf-man in silence. When he has gone, he comes out of hiding, rips the flag off the lance and tucks it in his pack.

"This will make a fine decoration for the walls of my quarters in the palace."

J'aran Bloodhymn crosses the bridge and enters the palace gates.
Within, he stands looking around, searching for the right direction.

"So, where's the bar? I could use a drink."
Old 01-11-2002, 06:25 PM   #5
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Producing a long Steel bar from his robes, the Elf speaks to the nearby HalfOrc.
"Take this. Cross the Moat between the Inner gates. Your quarters are the 351st door on the left, second floor. The bar's in the great hall to ur right. You might have to Knock to get in"

The Elf then walks into the Castle and Marches straight to the Throne in The centre. "I hope noone expected me Earlier..."

[ 01-13-2002: Message edited by: SookmaCook ]

Old 01-12-2002, 05:27 AM   #6
J'aran
Mephistopheles

J'aran looks at the steel pole in his hands, puzzled.

"What am I to do with this then? Fierljepping-poles aren't usually made of steel... Besides, there's a bridge across that mote. Aw, hell, what do I care."

With that, he starts to run towards the moat, thrusts the pole into it and uses it to propel himself over the moat.
After landing safely on the other side, he proceeds towards the stairs to the second floor, and onwards to his quarters. Inside, he hangs Azurewolf's flag on the wall, arranges his meagre possessions and leaves for the bar.
Old 01-12-2002, 04:00 PM   #7
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Laughing heatily the Elf says to him self "Using a POLE to cross the moat ?? (more laughing). Atg least he crosed while the Innere gates were open..."

"Oops, I forgot to restock the bar!!" And with that, he stides away to the Great Hall.
"and id better put the air lifts back in- the stairs just take up too much room"

Old 01-12-2002, 07:21 PM   #8
Durwyn
Elminster

All of a sudden, behind a little creek, a suited Dwarfs charges *arrrrrr haaaarrrr* "Will all the might ye be!"
"Who are ye travelers?"

---- "We mean no harm" A voice responds.

"Harm, Darm, Barm, seems fine to me bein'." The Dwarf mutters,
"Well, I guess I'll travel along with ye for the time bein' as I dont know where in the hells me goin'".
Old 01-12-2002, 09:59 PM   #9
LennonCook
Jack Burton

The Misterious Elf, back in the throne room having stocked the bar, removes his flowing silver cloak and waves it about, such as a very brave man would at a rodeo. "OK, that spell wont work" he nflicks through a book sitting on a table next to him. "Aha. Here we go" he puts his cloak back on and Picks up his staff. He waves it around three times in a circle infront of him, suddenly the Orb at the top of it flashes once. Then the entire room flashes as if there is a thunderstorm outside it, as this flashing continues the Elf, suddenly sounding more menacing Shouts
"Oommu Tralza Arrious" He lifts his staff and the flashing stops, in a sudden violent explosion in the centre of the room, which does not seem to bother the Elf in the slightest, brings forth a great beast, a Dragon of no obvious colour, yet of every colour in existance.
The Elf speaks to the newly come spirit dragon.
"You have come, now you will fall"
With that he lifts up his staff and chants "Kilna Aremwa Withorn Arena" a great burst of concentrated energy bursts out of the top of his staff and hits the Spirit Dragon, which crumples beneath the force of the blast. He removes all the scales from the dragons body and lays them on the ground on the other side of the room. He waves his staff over them and suddenly they vanish, in their place 12 great cloaks.

Then he again removes his cloak and throws it onto the ground. Sitting the head of his staff ontop of it he mutters "Crayarm Sulye Multza" and a bulge appears in the middle of the cloak. The Elf then removes his staff, and picks up his cloak. He speaks to the newly come Goblin.
"Go to Floor 2, in the 351st room on the left, you will find a flag decorated with a head superimposed on baked goods. BRING IT HERE. "

[ 01-12-2002: Message edited by: SookmaCook ]

Old 01-12-2002, 11:00 PM   #10
LennonCook
Jack Burton

OOC---> OK, Id just better explain a few things quickly concerning the palace. The outer gates are big enough to fit 6 Peguses-Drawn Carriages easily. The reason they are pegasus drawn is quite simply because we are something like 500kms in the air (312.6 Miles for u crazy yanks who use imperial), When they are closed, NOTHING can get through. And also- they can only be moved by the magic of the SIlver Ring of Merlin (which I wear on my left hand). The Moat has no water in it, It simply is a hole which drops straight down to earth- it is not crosable execpt when the iner gates are open, and then only between the inner gates. There are no stairs in this palace. There are lifts. sortof. These are simply Holes in the ceiling with air Currents. There are 6 Located around the Castle- 1 in the Corner of the Great hall (it goes up for all 3 stories of the castle), 1 in each of the Guard towers, and one just outside the throne room.
And the Outer Walls look EXACTLY like the Silver ring of Merlin, execpt theyre square and alot bigger. The shine exactly like the ring.
And yes, All of the items I have equipped were enchanted by Merlin himself. (Gloves of Merlin, Silver Ring of Merlin, Cloak of Merlin, Gold Ring of Melin, Staff of Merlin, Robes of Merlin).

Other than this brief (lawyer style), it will (hopefully) be added to and become more wonderous with our adventures.

Closed Thread