Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-2002, 03:02 AM   #1
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

I donīt know if I am doing something wrong here but:
1. a high AC is good alright?
2. You can mix armour types and boast all three armour skills.
3. Why is heavy armour so worthless then? The AC is very poor, do they offer something else I havenīt sen or what? Do they take part of the damage as well or how does this work?
4. Currently the Dreugh (sorry for spelling) medium armour is the best you can equip it seems, low weight and good AC score. I have a small woodelf running around, and well so far I canīt just get it why heavy armours exist? Sure, Ebony armour and Daedric armour, but you get them pretty late in the game..

Can anyone explain this more to me please? Am I missing something here??

Donīt eat the yellow snow
WOLFGIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2002, 03:38 AM   #2
slackerboy
Gold Dragon

1.yeah, a high ac is good.
1.yes you can mix and match but it seems to be pretty inefficent
3.If your a strong character the weight/ac issue is lessend, and heavy armors have a higher enchant ability
4.um, ok sure sounds good, I got almost a full set of ebony armor pretty early in the game with one charcter, of course i was specialized in med armor at the time.

In the end, Heavy armor just isnt for me. none of the characters i play seem right for heavy armor.
Old 06-11-2002, 04:20 AM   #3
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Well the ebony armour is just one score higher on the ac.. so whats really the use except enchanting and toughness, for heavy armour??

I got an equally good armnour score wearing a light armour as a steel armour.. :S But with light your character is flying forward. Now I have a mixed ligt and medium armour..

Donīt eat the yellow snow
WOLFGIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2002, 04:55 AM   #4
slackerboy
Gold Dragon

one thing to keep in mind is that the ac level of a particular piece of armor will change depending on your skill level in that particular type of armor. If you have a high skill in light armor, and a low to moderate level in heavy, the ac level of the two types may be identacle. If you reversed that and had high heavy and low light, the ac would be very different
Old 06-12-2002, 01:24 AM   #5
theifprowess
Drizzt Do'Urden

i got all ebony and some deadric. gotta say it really sucks to. i mean when you can put a feather enchantment on the armor cause of its good enchant lvl you can wear all this heavy armor and it doesnt weigh a thing. my fighter mage is wearing complete set heavy armor weighing in at a total of 80 pounds. 50 for the dragonbone and 30 for the deadric face of god. all the rest is enchanted to weigh nothing with its own feather.heavy armor is more durable and needs less repairing. in case your wondering how i got the money to enchant all that.i sold all my glass armor at creepers. had to sleep alot to recycle the money but with all i sold i gained near to 300,000.took what 60 days.-
theifprowess is offline   Reply With Quote