Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2003, 12:11 PM   #1
harleyquinn
Symbol of Cyric

An engineer was crossing a road one day when a frog called out to him and said, "If you kiss me, I'll turn into a beautiful princess". The engineer bent over, picked up the frog and put it in his pocket.

The frog spoke up again and said, "If you kiss me and turn me back into a beautiful princess, I will stay with you for one week." The engineer took the frog out of his pocket, smiled at it and returned it to the pocket.

The frog then cried out, "If you kiss me and turn me back into a princess, I'll stay with you and do ANYTHING you want." Again the engineer took the frog out, smiled at it and put it back into his pocket.

Finally, the frog asked, "What is the matter? I've told you I'm a beautiful princess that I'll stay with you for a week and do anything you want. Why won't you kiss me?"

The engineer said, "Look I'm an engineer. I don't have time for a girlfriend, but a talking frog, now that's cool."

[img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 05-29-2003, 12:29 PM   #2
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

man isn't that depressing for the poor lil' froggy... she has great potential... but when put into the hands of the wrong person... bye bye beauty... LOL
Old 05-29-2003, 12:57 PM   #3
Sir Taliesin
Silver Dragon

Engineers have humor???

Good joke actually, but working in a firm with 20 something engineers (both male and female), I can honestly say they have no sense of humor!

[ 05-29-2003, 12:58 PM: Message edited by: Sir Taliesin ]
Old 05-29-2003, 02:21 PM   #4
Paladin2000
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Taliesin:
Engineers have humor???

Good joke actually, but working in a firm with 20 something engineers (both male and female), I can honestly say they have no sense of humor!
That is not true. I was an engineer before I decided to kiss that frog. Mind you that "beautiful princess" is a matter of opinion and she obviously over exaggerated about her apperance by a large margin.
Old 05-29-2003, 02:35 PM   #5
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

LOL Harley [img]smile.gif[/img] wish I could find a talking frog
Old 05-29-2003, 04:58 PM   #6
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Bah! Useless stereotypes! I'm an engineer (well will be when I graduate) and I'm a barrel of laughs!
Old 05-29-2003, 06:06 PM   #7
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by Vaskez:
Bah! Useless stereotypes! I'm an engineer (well will be when I graduate) and I'm a barrel of laughs!
I am unanimous with "Unca Vasky" on this [img]smile.gif[/img] (Engineer solidarity [img]smile.gif[/img] ) - what branch of Engineering you studying dude?

PS : wanna buy a talking frog?
Old 05-29-2003, 07:23 PM   #8
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
quote:
I am unanimous with "Unca Vasky" on this [img]smile.gif[/img] (Engineer solidarity [img]smile.gif[/img] ) - what branch of Engineering you studying dude?
[/QUOTE]Computer Engineering which is basically a mixture of Software Engineering (i.e. bollocks engineering - how to design software etc.) and electronic engineering - circuit design, simulation and testing as well as loads of other stuff like Networking, Engineering maths, Digital Signal Processing, Digital Controller Design, Computer Architecture, Operating System design etc. etc.

Quote:

Is this a test? No I don't! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 05-29-2003, 07:26 PM: Message edited by: Vaskez ]
Old 05-30-2003, 04:55 AM   #9
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Quote:

quote:

Is this a test? No I don't! [img]tongue.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]OK OK - you could have just told me you already had one
Old 05-30-2003, 06:57 AM   #10
Jorath Calar
Harper

If anyone thinks Engineers is a humorless profession (obviously not according to Vaskez) you should try Librarians, I'm studýing it and WOW... I can't tell you how many times I've tried to make a joke or lighten the atmosphere and only recieved scornfull looks... [img]smile.gif[/img]

Oh by the way, pickup line for librarians...

"So, have you cataloged any good books lately..."